+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Mod-biscotti's Avatar
    Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    16,313
    Thanks
    1,719
    Thanked
    3,753
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Woolies and Coles were closed here too. Even the IGA was closed

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,908
    Thanks
    217
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Couldn't find anything open in Adelaide

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,030
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked
    836
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We're in qld, and everything was closed, I ended up getting a loaf of bread from a servo and luckily I had ingredients in my pantry and freezer to make dinner. Totally caught me off guard...

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,664
    Thanks
    743
    Thanked
    428
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadHatter View Post
    Couldn't find anything open in Adelaide
    Where abouts are you? Harbour town and rundle mall were both open. Quite afew bakeries. And some Foodlands / IGAs. (If youre South I can share locations for future reference)

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,325
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked
    997
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    We're in qld, and everything was closed, I ended up getting a loaf of bread from a servo and luckily I had ingredients in my pantry and freezer to make dinner. Totally caught me off guard...
    Same! Daycare tomorrow and I have nothing!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,030
    Thanks
    355
    Thanked
    836
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Same! Daycare tomorrow and I have nothing!
    Do you have flour, sugar, eggs, any staples like that that you can quickly make a quiche, some cookies or slice or similar?

    I had short crust pastry and some mince in my freezer, so I made a family sized meat pie for dinner. I also baked peanut butter cookies and scones.

    What are you going to do about daycare food tomorrow? Will you can get up super early and go shopping, or bake something tonight?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toowoomba
    Posts
    15,262
    Thanks
    628
    Thanked
    1,178
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    I went to one of the IGAs in town and got the last loaf of bread (thankfully DS isn't too fussy and will try rye bread but at nearly $6 for a small loaf I was not real impressed) and the only milk they had was organic or skim....I got milk at the servo lol. They were very busy though.

    Sent from my pho....oh who am I kidding. It's rarely used as a phone

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    2,109
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked
    773
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went to our 24 hour foodworks and it was crazy busy! Luckily they had stocked up on bread, however the milk was almost empty and so was the deli and the meat section.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,664
    Thanks
    743
    Thanked
    428
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    Do you have flour, sugar, eggs, any staples like that that you can quickly make a quiche, some cookies or slice or similar?

    I had short crust pastry and some mince in my freezer, so I made a family sized meat pie for dinner. I also baked peanut butter cookies and scones.

    What are you going to do about daycare food tomorrow? Will you can get up super early and go shopping, or bake something tonight?
    Yep, doesnt take much to bake somethinf yummy. My fallbacks are always pancakes / pikelets using the 1C recipe (1C flour, 1C milk, 1 egg) add apple or banana if I have some. Or lemonade scones as I try to always have a can of lemonade and long life cream stashed in the pantry.

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    on a sandy beach!
    Posts
    6,645
    Thanks
    343
    Thanked
    2,288
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blissfulfairy View Post
    Where abouts are you? Harbour town and rundle mall were both open. Quite afew bakeries. And some Foodlands / IGAs. (If youre South I can share locations for future reference)

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yeah I went to harbour town and the city was open I went to myer and bought a dress lol. Also went to ikea! I think hackham iga is ALWAYS open lol even Xmas day


 

Similar Threads

  1. Today at the shops...
    By Atropos in forum Celebrate breastfeeding
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 19-10-2012, 11:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Baby Car Seats and Infant Car RestraintsBuying a baby car seat? Check out our 'go-to' links here!
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›