+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HCG levels help

hi ladies, my first post here. I had my HCG levels tested 2 days ago and they were 818. I had them tested again today and they are 1234. The nurse said its not a good sign as they havent doubled.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I am feeling so anxious. I have to go back in tomorrow - she said it could be eptopic or possible miscarriage. Talk about terrible start to the weekend. But then when i rang back the nurse said we really dont know anything yet.

I have estimated my pg around 5 weeks if my last period was 30th August but maybe im wrong and im not as far along. Its my first pg and feeling really sad after this news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    They don't HAVE to double in 48 hrs - the average guidelines are doubling every 48-72 hrs but sometimes it can be a bit slow as a one off then take off again. There are plenty of calculators online (just google it) which will tell you your doubling time in hours. I guess you'll need to have another test & just try to be hopeful & not stressed until then. I know, easier said than done. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Depending on what time you had the tests done that's roughly about 80 hours and they do say 24-72 hours.

I can only tell you my experience. I had slow doubling time and it resulted in ectopic. I really hope yours isn't but, it definitely is something you need to look out for because you can't mess about with as it can be very serious. Ask for another test and have them rush the results, if it's still slow ask for an internal scan.

I really hope it's a normal, healthy pregnancy. Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi aprilbride !

Seems like you and I are going down a similar path right at the moment. !

Even with our dates ... I can't tell you what will happen as I don't know my outcome at the moment (you are welcome to read my thread if you like) but my hcg are currently reported at 840- this was Friday.

All i really wanted to do was post and let you know I too am going thru similar right now.

Hoping for the best for both of us.
    Taff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Taffabella View Post
    Hi aprilbride !

Seems like you and I are going down a similar path right at the moment. !

Even with our dates ... I can't tell you what will happen as I don't know my outcome at the moment (you are welcome to read my thread if you like) but my hcg are currently reported at 840- this was Friday.

All i really wanted to do was post and let you know I too am going thru similar right now.

Hoping for the best for both of us.
    Taff
    I just read your post - I hope it works out for the both of us, im going in for more bloods this morning..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    so I had more bloods done this morning, going from 1234 2 days ago to 1980 - not an ideal rise... doubling every 72 hours... the scan showed its not ectopic and its in the right place, its the right size for the 5 weeks and 3 days i am. And thats all we really know, i guess it could really go any way, im going back for a scan in one week so fingers crossed it grows some more, but i also know there is another outcome..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats aprilbride - fantastic news...

I'm off to update my thread now...

Thanks
    Reviews
    not sure if its great news though .. the nurse was trying to prepare me for the worst given my results but im still holding out hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are still within range aprilbride. I have been through this & know how nerve wracking it is.
    No bleeding or anything? I think you have good reason to be hopeful! Will keep following this thread with interest. Fingers crossed!