+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Cervical incompetence

Hi all
    I'm new to bub hub and was hoping for some feedback re cervical cerclage for a shortened cervix (prev loop procedure for CIN3)
    has anyone had one?
    Did you need bed rest?
    Did you go to term?
    I had one put in last week (13 wks preg) and am now on bed rest for another 2 weeks. Not sure if this will continue until birth or be able to resume to work?
    Any thoughts/experience welcome.
    Thanks.
    Katie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i had a preventative stitch put in at 14 weeks with my second pregnancy (lost my first at 22 due to IC). i was on strict bed rest, nifedipine and anti biotics for 2 weeks and then had a follow up scan done.

i then took it easy all pregnancy, i was home so it wasnt hard i just sat round all day, pottered around until we had a few scares and OB upped the severity level of my rest to strict bed rest from 28-34 weeks.

I had my stitch removed at 36w4d and was then induced at 37 weeks at my request.

i hope all goes well for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your reply. It's reassuring to see you had a near full-term baby.
    Also reassuring to hear you took it easy but you weren't on strict bed rest from the start.
    It's a wait and see approach I guess.
    Thsnks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    if you can id suggest spending as much time as u can laying down to reduce the amount of pressure on the cervix, and if you have any concerns call your OB straight away.

i had month swabs to make sure i was clear from infection and from memory i think monthly scans to check on the stitch too

stay positive, you can do it too!