+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes i think they should still pay, although sometimes i think that joint income should come into account. I have 2 ex DP, one has always paid his child support no question no complaints, we still have a great relationship, the other pays the minimum so pays a total of $32 a month for 2 kids, yet tells everyone, including my family how he is earning $70 an hour. Needless to say my amazing new DP supports us alot.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Of course they should still pay.

Although my ex seems to have missed this message and is to busy paying for his new partner and her two children. He has been assessed to pay zero and is currently overseas (when our children are meant to be with him) and he has a sparkling new car.

He doesn't think it is an issue because he considers my DP to be a high income earner.

It should only ever take into account the actual parents income and not the step parent or partner of the mother/father.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (26-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh I feel your pain Cheerilee

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cicho For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (26-09-2013)

babalooba is offline Being a brother is better than being a superhero
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in almost exactly the same situation as you the only difference being my EXDP has DS 3 weekends a month and thinks he is super dad because of it. We split 5 years ago and in that time I have gotten $88 in CS and that was only last month! He too works for cash, hasn't done a tax return in years and years, tells me he doesn't have a job but then advertises his "businesses" on facebook and is forever going on holidays, getting new cars, playing poker etc. So frustrating! All the while my DH is working his butt off 12 hours a day to support a child that isn't biologically his and EXDP lives it up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babalooba For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (27-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's like asking if men should continue to pay CS for previous children because they remarry/have a new family. Ridiculous. That's the whole point of why CS assessments only take into account the bio parents' income. Because THEY are legally responsible for their kids, not their new partners. It's great that your husband wants to financially support your child- as to be expected when he's made a commitment to you for life- but he doesn't replace the kid's actual dad.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MermaidSister For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (27-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Umm... I spoke to a lawyer and was told that there is NO ACTUAL WAY of a parent signing over their rights as a parent except in the case of adoption. ..... is this not true??

I found this out as my ex wanted to get out of paying 14$ a fn and said hed aign over his rights if he could gwt out of paying the money .... so I spoke to my lawyer and was told the above.

Anyway I agree that a bio parent should pay child support regardless of the custodial parent getting remarried

12. The Following User Says Thank You to frannysfeet For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (27-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by frannysfeet View Post
    Umm... I spoke to a lawyer and was told that there is NO ACTUAL WAY of a parent signing over their rights as a parent except in the case of adoption. ..... is this not true??

I found this out as my ex wanted to get out of paying 14$ a fn and said hed aign over his rights if he could gwt out of paying the money .... so I spoke to my lawyer and was told the above.

Anyway I agree that a bio parent should pay child support regardless of the custodial parent getting remarried

I don't know the legalities, but you might be right. I've never heard of anyone ever signing over their rights to a child. And in regards to the adoption, I have heard it can take years to go through, but that is second hand info so not sure if it's true or not