+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Please Read

I am not up to date with how the how modelling and casting couch works now.

I am not bragging (just trying to be helpful) when I was younger I used to do a little on tv and catwalk and so did my sister.

We paid a very very low fee for being on their books something like $150 a year and they took a percentage of our earnings. Also every 4-6 months we would have to get a composite card (a card that was sent to the casting couch) updated (Composite Card= About 3 pictures of you on a piece of cardboard with your details eg name, size, height etc). The agency paid for the shoot majority of the time and if they didn't it was a very small out of pocket fee.

What I guess I am trying to say is please don't fork out huge amounts of money on portfolios and agents etc. As for having to do classes or grooming lessons etc, I never did them, they (please don't get angry at me anyone) are a waste of money and were (not sure if they still are) a scam).

You really are doing the agent a big favour by being on their books, they are not doing you a favour.

If the agents really believe you have what it takes to become the next best thing they will do anything they can to get you on their books.

If

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Oscar's mum,

Thanks for that honest bit of insider info. I really appreciate it.
    I am surprised that no one has responded to this thread, but I guess it's not what they wanted to hear. (If you know what I mean.)
    I have thought about getting my 5 year old daughter into some kind of promotional work, as she is naturally outgoing, however the thought of the expense is a little off putting.
    When I was 16, I enrolled in a very expensive modelling course which lead to nothing but dissapointment. It was clearly a money making venture.

By the way, Your baby is really cute!

Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Thanks for backing up my post M&M!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I'm here to ask you both .... where do I sign??? LOL

I've been looking at getting my daughter into Modelling (and my son if he shows interest - he is more introverted than her) but don't know which are a sham and which aren't.

Also thinking of putting my newborn (shock horror) into modelling from birth .... if there is any work available or not I figure I may as well try.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks!! I'll look into it!!