Ok I need advice....
About 2 weeks ago we got a letter from our Real Estate saying we have 3 months notice to leave, reason given was no grounds. RE told me that the owner wants to move in here. So started looking for a place.
Last week DH got told his position is being made redundant. They are interviewing him for some other positions but we won't know for about 2 weeks whether he will still be employed.
There is a house I really like, perfect location, price etc. There is an open house for it on Tuesday. I want to apply for it but am so worried we will apply & be approved for it then find out DH has no job.
Should I wait till we know about his job and miss the chance for this perfect house (in our area there is really nothing else suitable for us!) or should I apply for it and hope for the best in regards to his job? He would get a redundancy payment but does find it hard to get jobs (very nervous at interviews, has a stutter that seems to scare employers off). I feel so lost and uncertain about what to do, what would you do??
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
20-09-2013 18:57 #1
WWYD in this situation???
20-09-2013 18:59 #2
I'd apply. Regardless, you will need somewhere to live!
20-09-2013 19:01 #3
Goodluck, how stressful
Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.
20-09-2013 19:05 #4
Thanks ladies, thats what I am leaning towards. Just so scared of ruining our rental history if we have to leave quite soon after signing the lease.... I don't know where we would be going but we couldn't afford rent without some sort of job! Talk about crappy timing!
20-09-2013 19:14 #5
Apply. Even if you have to move soon after it won't ruin your rental history.
FX your hubby get another position and you don't have to worry any further.
Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app
20-09-2013 21:11 #6
You could ask the agency if you could leave sooner. If the owner really is moving back in they might be happy to take it sooner? Worth a try, good luck
Sent from my HTC One X
21-09-2013 06:37 #7
I have decided I will apply for the place on Monday. As PP pointed out, we still need somewhere to go and if the worst scenario happens and DH is not given another job we can use his payout to pay a few months rent in advance to cover us till he gets a new job.
21-09-2013 07:21 #8
Calk centrelink and find out how much you would be entitled to if he's out of a job, it might put your mind at ease.
Sorry you're facing these possibilities
Maternity ClothesLooking to buy maternity clothes? :: Check the bubhub directory of local & online maternity clothes shops :: Find ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
IVF babies due March/April/May 2017#2pregnancy and babies through IVF
Happiness thread.General Chat
Would you delay TTC because first child is starting first year of school.General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Does conventional IVF produce more boys?pregnancy and babies through IVF
Situations - ok or not ok?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat