+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @mellysmama. It's normal, my son went through the same thing and every Chn and lactation consultant said not to worry that a fart is just as good as a poo. I agree, if you're really concerned go to your GP, otherwise wait for a pretty big one. Another thing I would do that would sometimes work was just stimulate the area by rubbing it with my finger in circles and a wet wipe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Exactly. When bubs are constipated or have pain from wind ect they are not backwards in coming forwards to let us know. Constipation causes pain for them and they scream and scream until they get relief. If bubs is happy and content chances are its no problem.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mellysmama View Post
    Get him to hospital urgently. At no age is this normal - this has to be considered a sign of a potentially life-threatening illness. And think of the legacy of ill-health resulting from the intestinal toxins he's absorbed!
    A bit OTT. Each baby is different.
    Both bf - DD would poo each feed (as a nearly 4yo she still poo's 3 times a day.
    DS can go weeks. I've had prune juice myself and it def gets through to him.

It obviously great milk and your bubba doesn't want to waste a drop

Thanks
    Reviews
    Remember that breast milk is made to be exactly what your baby needs and poop is waste. It makes sense that when you eat exactly what you need you don't have any waste. So there technically will not be backlog or discomfort. My son has gone ages before. Just make sure you keep your eye on behaviour, if bubs starts looking uncomfortable or off in anyway get them seen to

Thanks
    Reviews
    my bub would go 3 weeks regularly when exclusively bf.

dont worry...its normal.

FYI, the longest recorded is 43 days!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so glad I have read this thread!!
    My 4 month old baby who is exclusively breast feed has now gone 29 days without a poop!
    I have called the parent help line, lactation consultant, been to the GP and the emergency department at the hospital who have all said not to worry.
    He is not in any discomfort he has plenty of wet nappies, fluffing, no bloated tummy etc.. they all say this is just fine. Until he seems uncomfortable or in distress then to get him checked out again.
    As a mother it still felt concerning but reading this thread has put my mind at easy a bit more.
    To see there has been a baby that has gone 43 days with no poop and is still healthy makes me a feel a lil better too!