Im in shock Lizzyg, that she told you that. I would have rushed straight to the pharmacy and bought two packets. Then I would have been totally shattered that it was negative.
Ive got accupunture tommorrow as well.
Im only 3 days and no cramps, just feel hot and temp is up. I feel flushed all the time. And big fat gut, but could just be bloated too. Hmmm TWW blaaaah.
When are your blood tests, Soready and Lizzyg ?
Results 541 to 550 of 931
25-10-2013 20:31 #541
25-10-2013 21:55 #542That brings me to a question, do many of you POAS before your BT are done? Just curious. Also how long past a 3DT or 5DT can you expect reliable results??
5dt = 9dpt = 14dpo
3dt =11dpt = 14dpo
You can test one or two days earlier but it might not show the BFP yet. With my chemical I got a BFP at 8dp a 5dt.
JB I feel strongly about double transfers as well but man oh man was I disappointed last cycle when I did one and got a bit flat BFN. I guess I need to do my pros and cons list up. It really is a very hard decision.
SoReady and LizzyG not much longer to wait now. I feel for you ladies but you both seem to be doing okay.
26-10-2013 07:17 #543Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2013
Lizzy - I can't believe she said that it's a little unprofessional I think! Don't blame you.
Rainbow - I've been having acup weekly for 3 mths and am having it pre and post transfer.
Sharlee - thanks for the info
26-10-2013 07:42 #544
Lizzyg What a thoughtless comment to say to you. My accu will only say anything after I confirm a pregnancy, although once she said to me you need to investigate this pregnancy I am picking up an issue either ectopic or blighted ovom and she was right. ANother time she said that my kidneys weren't working I was 12 weeks pregnant the following week the feotal specialist told me our son would not make it as his kidney were shutting down and would never work.
Rozzie I have had reliable POAS from 12dpo but I am going to try not to POAS at all this time. yeah will see how that goes.
Ladies to all I have missed HI
AFM Yesterday was a debacle. I didn't come back yesterday and update I was too stressed by 5pm and decided to go out for dinner before we went to a NBL game.
My scan at 8am (marked high priority/urgent for the report to be sent via fax to FS in Brisbane from Cairns) At 1.30pm I call the FS rooms and discover no report received as yet so I call U/S centre they FORGOT to do it, the entire report is yet to be written, let along sent they are not sure why and not sure now it can be done today. Cue minor freak out, quietly explaining the importance of a CD12 scan and report and subsequent issues should my FS not get it etc.
30 mins later the FS has it, He was on the edge of cancelling my cycle, a lot of questions about how I feel (I feel great, did a spin class yesterday, drinking lots, can't eat much feel full when I do etc) he is concerned about OHSS as I haven't had more then 7-9 follicles at this stage before. Understandable but I pointed out I have had a history of more then half been empty and this is what I wanted a doctor willing to push my body I am up to stim #5 and so far so good. He thinks that somewhere between 17-23 follicles.
For some strange reason he agreed with me, and then moved my EPU right one day! Tuesday EPU now Girls.
The choas begins we realise I don't have enough Orgalutran, He upped my pregnyl trigger from 5000 to 6500iui I now don't have enough of either drug, the QFG in Cairns shuts at midday on fridays can't get it there, CFC refused to help me as I wasn't their patient (understandable) none of the chemist here stock it.
This would mean either we have to fly to Brisbane early (Saturday), too late to courier it all up to us. Try and ask all the girls I know up here in Cairns doing IVF if they have a spare orgalutran and pregnyl!!! I can replace on my return.
I text all the girls I know, DH calls the hotel to ask if the staff from FS rooms could drop refrigerated medication to them with our name on it will it be held until we check in they agree, the cairns girls text all the girls they know and 30 mins later I have 1500iui pregnyl and a orgalutran shot in my hand and the crisis is averted. YAY Honestly the girls here in Cairns are so freaking wonderful.
Then the curly request comes from my FS, can I get blood drawn on a sunday before trigger and bring the bloods to Brisbane with me he wants to know my Progesterone on Sunday pre trigger but Saturday would be a little early. The problem is the blood needs to be drawn in a Lime green top tube. Really OMG he even suggested I might let my DH, a friend, anyone, do I know a nurse, vampire anyone. QFG brisbane only open 7-9am and if we caught the earliest flight get in a 8am DH is always last with a wheelchair off the flight we wouldn't make it.
So I have found a RN willing, she is our good friends bridesmaid she is a mental health nurse great, no access to a lime green tope tube so I have to try to convince the path centre to give me one today what are my chances I feel like a crazy person explaining this. Anyway will do my best and see what happens.
Essentially after the change in EPU it will now mean a Day4 or Day6 Embryo transfer as the day surgery doesn't operate on a Sunday so FS in unable to transfer those days. He didn't seem worried so I certainly won't either.
We are going to Brisbane now a day early with all the stress I think that is a good thing to relax and just take it easy and rest my body a day.Can't book flights home until we know what day for Embryo transfer. I am trying to roll with all the changes and not get stressed or worried. Kate and Wazza were so kind trying to work all of this out with me, they have been so great.
Hope you are all going wonderfully for each of you. I am going to pack and try to calm down today I need to go get my lady garden maintained today, drop my beautiful puppies at the pet resort and be calm/relax...going to see the Harlem Globetrotters tonight should be good.
26-10-2013 08:22 #545
Bella - It sounds like you had quite a day!! I'm glad it's all sorted now and you're right, now you need to try to relax for EPU You still very well to stay comprised during all of that!!!
I can't wait to her how you go! We are in a similar situation as you are with the flights except our is with booking accommodation for when we go to our clinic! It would help to know some dates!!! Lol oh well sometimes you just have to roll with the punches
Hope today is better day for you!
Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!
The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:
26-10-2013 08:55 #546
That sounds like a very very intense stressful time.
Glad you have sorted most of it out.
Good luck with your EPU.
The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:
26-10-2013 09:44 #547
Omg bellavista, what a day you had! Hopefully the game was entertaining and you can now relax and prepare for epu, good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:
26-10-2013 10:15 #548
Bellavista what a day!!! But when you get your BFP it will all be worth it
Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparklemonkey For This Useful Post:
26-10-2013 11:06 #549Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2013
Bella - God I love that you write long posts and its not just me!!! Second - what a day you've had! Hope its all smoothed out now :-)
AFM - I need soothing words ladies. So my scan was this morning to measure my uterine lining, if my lining is not thick enough then they don't let me fly to Greece and we are delayed until it IS thick enough. Now I've never worried about my lining before because my issue has always been getting enough follies to progress to EPU... So I've been on Synarel now for about 5 or 6 weeks, I've been on progynova (HRT) for two weeks, and my lining is only 5.7mm. AND there is some fluid filled sac in my lining - WTF is that? I've never heard of that before and the chick doing the scan was really NOT a talker so I'm completely in the dark about what that might mean. The FS said that it only takes two weeks to prep for an ET, so I was worried about my lining peaking and waning by the time we get to Greece, but in fact its not very thick at all ... they like it to be up around 9+ I think? I guess I'm freaking a little cos a girl on another forum who went to Greece for this a few weeks ago - she said she usually has trouble with her lining ad she had a lining of 7+ mm at this point .... So I'm telling myself that it's still another week till we leave, so its really another two weeks at least till my ET, so there's plenty of time for it to grow and I shouldn't assume that its a case of my lining being as resistant to IVF drugs as my damn stupid ovaries! ... I just want someone to tell me a happy story about growth of uterine lining ... breathe in breathe out ... and DH is away on a conference - not helpful. Although he would only say "lets cross that bridge when we come to it" then ask me a whole series of questions I don't know the answer to ... so not helpful at all anyway, bless him.
12:04pm... is it too early for a glass of wine? God this is stressful. Feels like this $20,000 journey is riding on my lining... till the next hurdle anyway. I'm going to drive myself crazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:
26-10-2013 11:42 #550Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2013
Oooh just some other comments while I remember... I'm really starting to lose track of everyone!
Rainbowbabe - that's awesome about the birth certificate! Although nuts that the govt can be so enlightened about that, but not same-sex marriage - Pfft. If we had used a donor here our birth certificate would have my name on it as mother but would also have "donor" on it. But because the ET is happening OS, it won't say "donor" on the birth certificate. Also, Greece legislation requires the process to be completely anonymous, so our child will never be able to identify its DNA mum - I think that's going to be tough. I would love to have the info that you guys do, I looked at the World Egg Bank, but there were so few donors who were prepared to donate to Australia, and the cost was huge, and there was a long delay (and I'm not getting any younger!). We ended up going with our FS's recommendation.
Sharlee - we will be transferring two. My original FS was very firm about doing one only, and emphasised the risks with twins. Whereas current FS says that although there are more risks with twins, the risks are still statistically low. He said when I get to Greece the Doc will want to transfer 3 or 4 (that's their usual practice and it helps success rates) - but I'm to stay firm on transferring 2. There is NO risk of me putting in 3 or 4 I can assure you! None at all!
By Jb2011 in forum IVFReplies: 920Last Post: 15-10-2013, 21:39
By crimson74 in forum IVFReplies: 945Last Post: 17-09-2013, 09:51
By Sariele in forum IVFReplies: 960Last Post: 23-06-2013, 13:22
TPS Health Physiotherapy and PilatesTPS Health Physiotherapy and Pilates has three clinics located at Morningside, Redlands and Lutwyche. We offer pre and ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Happiness thread.General Chat
Lite & Easy ???Second Trimester Chat
The Vampire Diaries LAST EPISODEMovies / Music / Books / TV Chat
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation
A - Z of baby girl namesGames & fun stuff
Placenta distance for natural birthThird Trimester Chat
Come chat, Ladies who are 40+ TTC or ExpectingConception & Fertility General Chat