+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Opinons on Townsville Public Hospital

I am pregnant with my second baby I had my first at the Private Mater Hospital in Townsville via elec c-section, and it was a beautiful calm experience.

I cannot afford to go private again, and I work in the vicinity of the public hospital anyway so its just easier to go there. I did use to work in the women's and children's sections, so I am aware of very very long appointment wait times. I am more concerned about the experience of the c-section itself.

Can someone please pm me their birth stories or tell me how it went for you as a patient

Thanks so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea on the c section staff but I had ds2 at TTH. Went through the midwife program (WOMBAT) and yeah the wait times are nuts lol. But there is a play area for children and blood collection right there. I personally am going through the birth centre again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I am curious too about TGH .. I am having our first, and have opted to do "shared care" with my GP and the Hospital. I have been advised by mail that there is a long wait to even get my first appointment at the hospital and have been advised to stick with my GP for now.. I am @ 9 weeks.. I am 40 and will most likely be " hi risk" as I have fibroids in utero. we do not have PHI. so don't really have an option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually takes about 18 weeks before they see you. It's ridiculous really. But shared care makes it less of an issue. The main problem I had with TTH is one of the main doctors you see...he likes to add on a week to your due date, no matter what it is or what your scan says. Dr.Greene...he's a PITA lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MyboysMylife For This Useful Post:

maturemum1501  (08-10-2013)