+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Great! Yes I was hoping to get out of it too, but to improve my chances I think I'm just going to have to do it. Vic uni is my first preference and they don't require the stat , just a personal statement. I'm just so worried about the stat, I haven't studied since completing year 12!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it helps at all, ACU has a lot of mature age students in the BMid course. I have met some from VU too.

I sometimes feel like the school leavers are a bit left out or overwhelmed by all of us :-(

But its a great dynamic and we are always having fun.

Really hope you all get in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by abby cadabby View Post
    Great! Yes I was hoping to get out of it too, but to improve my chances I think I'm just going to have to do it. Vic uni is my first preference and they don't require the stat , just a personal statement. I'm just so worried about the stat, I haven't studied since completing year 12!
    Well make sure your personal statement is full of positives - its like trying to sell yoursefl - tell them why they want you in their course and best of luck - maybe we'll be catching up next year!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alomumma View Post
    If it helps at all, ACU has a lot of mature age students in the BMid course. I have met some from VU too.

I sometimes feel like the school leavers are a bit left out or overwhelmed by all of us :-(

But its a great dynamic and we are always having fun.

Really hope you all get in!
    Goodness, yes - I can imagine how overwhelmed those school leavers would be - I overheard a girl asking her mother what 'that' was in the information session - it was a gym ball the labouring mother was sitting on - she also inquired of her mother what an obstetrician was and I'm thinking - ohhhh yeah, I can see that some of these girls are going to need a friend! .

I'm really excited about it all, not nervous at all - I'm confident I'll get a place - but I know you can't count your chickens before they hatch - know that first hand coming from a farm!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So nerve racking! I'm glad you are confident! I try and be then get all worried lol I don't mind being one of the older ones in the course, and I admire the younger ones for knowing what they want to do at that age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you so sure?? Share that with me!!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alomumma View Post
    I see it's been a while since anyone has posted and I only just stumbled across this thread.

I am a current BMid at ACU Melbourne campus and heading into my last year in 2015.

If anyone get's into ACU here and ever wants a coffee or a chat about the process let me know. I am always thrilled to meet new students and in 1st year it can be a bit overwhelming and intimidating.

It's always good to have contacts in their final years for recruiting women too :-D
    Alomumma, I started last semester part time at ACU. I have this semester off as I had my second child in July, going back next semester. Would love to catch up just to chat about some managing techniques, I have 2, and stressed about how it's going to go but very determined! pm me & I can add you on fb

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasurfs View Post
    Alomumma, I started last semester part time at ACU. I have this semester off as I had my second child in July, going back next semester. Would love to catch up just to chat about some managing techniques, I have 2, and stressed about how it's going to go but very determined! pm me & I can add you on fb
    Mamasurfs I just had my bub in august! I just started my nursing degree at USC last semester, having this semester off and going back full time next semester but have applied to transfer to the dual nursing /mid degree. I'm nervous about going back with such a young bub, how are you feeling about going back? At the same time I can't wait!

Sent from my C5303 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done! I'm feeling nervous to tell you the truth! Just one was hard enough lol my oldest has stopped napping, which was when I did the majority of study, but I'm sure it will be fine, as it will be for you too! I'm pretty dedicated and really passionate about it, so I guess I just do what I've got to do! I'm only doing 2 units each semester next year, and then going to 3 each semester until I finish (2018 will be my last year) so I don't have a full work load which is really great - it will obviously take longer, and I get jealous when others are on placement and I'm not yet, but slow and steady wins the race, I think I'd get too overwhelmed and drop out, so not worth it! I am REALLY excited to go back though, I really enjoyed my first semester, and I figure, I did it while pregnant, with horrendous baby brain, so I will be fine! HAHA
    How are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Studying with kids is crazy but doable.

If you enrolled in feeding babies Julie (lecturer) has no issues with bringing kids to class. Especially ones who breastfeed lol.

Any way i can help or support just ask. I think at times the course can feel a bit isolating and the cohorts tend to stick to their own year groups a bit much. I love meeting people and chatting about midwifery and juggling kids.