+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alomumma View Post
    Studying with kids is crazy but doable.

If you enrolled in feeding babies Julie (lecturer) has no issues with bringing kids to class. Especially ones who breastfeed lol.

Any way i can help or support just ask. I think at times the course can feel a bit isolating and the cohorts tend to stick to their own year groups a bit much. I love meeting people and chatting about midwifery and juggling kids.
    I'm enrolled in feeding babies second semester next year - she sounds fantastic!
    I made some lovely friends last semester, but none were actually in the mid course, they were nurses and paramed. I didn't actually have any units that were specifically for mid. I'm also 24 so made it a bit easier to make friends - they were all straight out of high school. I was really surprised by the lack of mature aged students I met/saw around campus or in my classes?! I was under the impression there would he lots more. People looked at me funny because I was pregnant, and I guess I found that isolating. I look quite young so I guess I felt they were judging me! lol
    well if you ever want to I would love to meet you on campus

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand your feeling of judgement. It can be like that sometimes which is a disappointing for people who are hoping to be in caring roles really.

I sent you a message mamasurfs to add me on FB :-D

Abby cadabby I sent you one too :-D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by abby cadabby View Post
    So nerve racking! I'm glad you are confident! I try and be then get all worried lol I don't mind being one of the older ones in the course, and I admire the younger ones for knowing what they want to do at that age.
    Abby,

Sadly I had to go through some pretty devastating life events to come out the other side and think "Hey, if I can get through THAT, I can do ANYTHING!".

So while I hope that doesn't happen to you I'll be happy to share whatever I can to help you believe in yourself - you are a mama to 5 children, including young twins!! I think you are incredibly awesome right there!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alomumma I'll add you now.

Big girl I'm so sorry sounds like you have been through a lot! I'm so glad you can see the positives and this has made you stronger! Well done!!

Yes I have 5 little ones! It's super hard but I have the drive and determination to make it through and qualify! I want to be a great example for my kids, do something I'm passionate about, and hopefully by them seeing me do this they will believe in themselves!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so excited to see you all on campus! I am fairly sure my personal statement was a load of plop, but I still got in!

I think I did the STAT in 2010 and was given offers for a pysch degree and did a year of that before applying to ACU. Originally planning to be a sex therapist !

Still considering doing some postgrad in the field because....well.....I am an idiot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alomumma how did you go on your stat test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't do a personal statement - now I wonder if I should have Abby, truly, the stat test isn't that bad!! You know what I noticed?? We get our Early offers on 21 November - you can book into the latest stat test on November 29, you don't have to pay for it until November 26 at the latest, and if you get an early offer - cancel it! I hope this would work anyway!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome! I didn't notice that big girl! That's a good idea. So what did you fill out if you didn't do the personal statement?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing - i just applied with y previuos qualifications and my stat test. i did apply through an early achievers program (at ACU ) that recognises your volunteer contribution to the community (not academic merit) as well so hopefully I get in. I think personal statements have closed...

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, they've just closed for the early offers - i can do one up to december 5. So if I don't get an early offer I'll add that!! But hey, we're both good enough to get a screaming in early offer!!! No worries!