I'll be in hospital for 2-3 days assuming all is well.
Results 411 to 420 of 821
11-09-2013 15:22 #411
11-09-2013 16:56 #412Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
Lansinoh nipple ointment!!!!! It's in a purple tube!
I just went to big w and bought a 10 pack of cheap undies.
Then Kmart I bought 2 pairs of grey 3/4 sweatpant type shorts. Really light material and comfy as!
But the must is heaps of shirts/singlets!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MissXamA For This Useful Post:
11-09-2013 17:04 #413Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
Totally agree with buying cheap undies! Think big Nanna style. Throw them away when you're done. Also recommend taking some hydrogel disc pads and lansinoh cream for sore nipples. Either pack snacks for feeding at night or order extra serves of morning/afternoon tea to eat overnight. You'll be surprised at how peckish you get!
The Following User Says Thank You to maybee baybee For This Useful Post:
11-09-2013 19:06 #414
All of the above Essentials I had were:
- Black undies - go high waisted in case you end up in an unplanned c-section. Thank GOD I did with DD. Normal undies will sit right on the scar line (ouch!)
- Comfy pants - I use yoga pants as they can roll up and help support all the loose belly you will have after, plus is good for holding the pad/dressings in place if you have a c-section
- Wet wipes - for ME not for bubs! Sooooo nice to feel "fresh" I just bought the Kleenex toilet wipes
- Ural - even though I didnt deliver vaginally, I laboured for 13 hours so had internals done - and it STILL hurt to pee!!
- Metamucil or benefibre - Im fussy, I only like the disolvable stuff you cant taste - some hospitals will give you the horrible "chook food" style stuff so took my own
- Snacks - I found hospital food just wasnt enough, I would often get hungry during the night while up b/feeding so snacks were needed!
- Water bottle - I took one of those filter bottles cos water in the hospital Im going to is only tap water, and here in Adelaide its AWFUL!
- Nipple cream
This time I will also be taking nipple shields just in case as I had a dreadful time establishing b/feeding with dd as I have flat nipples..
- Lip balm - hospital airconditioning can be very drying!
Of course all the usual stuff...
- Maternity pads
- Comfy clothes
- Phone (and charger!!!)
Hmm thats the main things I can think of that helped me! They will all be back in my bag again this time.
I found I had WAY too much in my labour bag - never used most of it! This time Im only taking snacks (for DH as I didnt like eating while in labor), water, birth plan, change of clothes for me for after the birth, phone, purse and my Ipad (more to keep DH entertained or if I want to listen to some music), spare clothes for DH in case he helps me in the shower and an outfit to put bubs in (just a white wondersuit cos we dont know the sex!)
The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:
11-09-2013 19:42 #415Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
Yep agree with waiting. I packed too much for labour bag and spent way too long on organising a 'labour playlist'. I had no desire to listen to music at 5am while having contractions. Needn't have packed my own heat bag, the hospital provided one! Didn't need my dressing gown or ugg boots either lol
11-09-2013 20:07 #416
Yaaaaayyy I got accepted into the midwifery birthing centre so happy except she said my baby is measuring on the big side and they'll have to keep an eye on it 😯
The Following User Says Thank You to ChannyV For This Useful Post:
11-09-2013 20:13 #417
Thats great to hear Channy. Hopefully bub doesnt grow too big
Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
11-09-2013 20:24 #418
Thanks ladies, great suggestions... I will have to start packing in a few weeks and I am OCD with lists
11-09-2013 20:24 #419
Definitely the same list as Waiting.
Channy - great about the midwife group!
Scan tomorrow morning! Time to see how big these gremlins have gotten! 😃
11-09-2013 20:27 #420
I'm a bit concerned they only told me bub is measuring 4 days ahead at ultrasound so how is that considered big?
Good luck for tomorrow squigg, plz post pics
By FirstTimeMummy2012 in forum Conception & Fertility General ChatReplies: 940Last Post: 21-07-2013, 23:56
By Lil Smurfy in forum Conception & Fertility General ChatReplies: 990Last Post: 21-06-2013, 21:46
By rainbow road in forum Conception & Fertility General ChatReplies: 940Last Post: 29-05-2013, 00:01
Baby SensoryBaby Sensory is the only baby programme that offers a complete approach to learning & development. Our classes offer ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
3 teeth lost in 10 daysGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Weekend Fluff- Saddest tv moment **spoiler alertGeneral Chat
Wdyt- creepy postieGeneral Chat
Tea drinkers unite!General Chat
Levlen - or any contraceptive pill question!General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat