+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Diet in Preparation for IVF

Hi all, anyone cutting certain foods/drinks out in prep for IVF?. I will be starting next cycle very soon, I have cut back on caffeine/alcohol, trying to eat lots more greens, berries, protein etc to hopefully help, any other tips or advice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi booboo...
    I cut out alcohol/caffiene/soft drinks a couple months before... I was already eating pretty heathy with lots of fruit and veggies... I also started acupuncture a couple months before and love it.. It's so relaxing and just what you need when going on the IVF rollercoaster.. Hoping this journey is a fast one for you.. We got our BFP on Friday and it was our first cycle! It does happen.. There are lots of IVF threads which are very supportive.. All the best JJ

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BooBoo, We are in our first cycle and I am in the 2WW. I would suggest getting in the habit now of drinking 3 litres of water a day. When you start your needles, your body seems to draw all fluids to your uterus. Staying well hydrated helps with any headaches or other symptoms while you are cycling.

Good luck and baby dust!

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the tips, congrats on your BFP JJTiger . Im def drinking a lot more now, acupuncture going every fortnight now, love it, I feel so relaxed after

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my frozen berries! They're such a great treat.

I started drinking decaf coffee - my FS says one cup of real coffee OR two cups of tea per day. Also no cola drinks.

All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I cut out caffeine & cut down on sugar. Added in lots more fresh fruits & veggies & vitamins . Good luck with your upcoming cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of fresh healthy foods to pack your body with vitmins and minerals. I went on a 12 week challenge before my last cycle and we stopped using any bottled sauces, making flavours with fresh herbs and veges instead. We increased the use of wholemeal/brown carbs.
    I cut down caffine and alcohol but didnt stop totally - just in moderation.
    Start to reduce your sugar intake particularly if you have PCO/S as it can help.
    Lots of water (which we should always have lol but I am always extra good when cycling).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would recommend Paleo clean eating, worked for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im only drinking decaf now also Moose, I too love berries, especially raspberries. I used to have half a sugar in my coffees now cutting it out all together. Have brown bread instead of white and trying to snack more on nuts like walnuts/pumpkin seeds as have heard they r so good for u. Whats the Paleo cleaning eating Des?

Thanks
    Reviews
    This cycle I ate 2 large bowls of strawberries raspberries and blueberries and cream a day! Drinking yogurt, Charlie's juices (ESP kiwi fruit and spirulina)

Otherwise for the last 6mo ive been doing Lots of fresh fruit and home made chicken and vege soup. Also keeping away from bottled sauces and additives. Having said this, I didn't deprive myself of anything, and I something looked really appetising to me, I l ordered it and really enjoyed it! Cooked yummy things like roast pork and crackle and lamb roasts with loads of greens. Avoided peas as I've read they have a contraceptive effect!

Fresh fruit and vege juice as often as I can, I always pick one up at the mall as well as making them at home.

lots of eggs and very heavy whole meal bread. Museli and porridge. Got on the nuts and goji berries.

i have cut coffee out and changed to tetley decaf tea which my whole family changed to because they liked it so much. Aside from an occasional vodka cranberry and fresh lime once a month, I quit alcohol completely for the last year.

i get mild ohss and substituted coconut water instead of Gatorade/hydralyte

Good luck!
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 02-09-2013 at 08:20.