+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default OMG I give up!!!

Hi all I am new to this but I feel the need to share...

have DS2 and DD6 months I am constantly cleaning however my house never seems to be clean! Constantly vacuuming, washing, feeding, changing nappies making food and picking up toys! I am not a pedantic cleaner but I honestly vacuum everyday sometimes twice and steam mop every 2 days only because I refuse to do it more!

my husband is away for work 2 weeks a month and I do everything!! He is a great dad and loves his babies but is incredibly lazy when it comes to the everyday boring stuff... When he is not travelling he works from home at which point he rolls out of bed at 945 makes a coffee then goes upstairs to his office then proceeds to order breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea as apparently I have nothing better to do than wait on him?

I honestly can't wait for him to get on a plane sometimes so it's one less person I have to wait on hand and foot!

sometimes I feel like screaming if I see one more nutri grain or spoonful of honey and weetbix fall on my floor and this is by 8 am!! Yep just screamed at DS2 to pick up all his mega blocks dinosaurs tools etc of course he refused so I packed them all up and told him all going in bin!! Along with his dummy much to his horror now crying for his daddy!!! Of course isn't here.

have just setup toy story which he is now watching after telling me he has had a hard day!! WHAT????

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shoppaholic For This Useful Post:

mummtime101  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in the same boat!! Ds is nearly three and I'm 8 months pregnant and so sick of mess. I am forever cleaning!!! Half the reason we have a dog is so I don't have to pick up food off the floor.....DH is the same and is away for 4 weeks and back for one but he has been put on another roster and is now home for another week.....he is great with ds but sick of his **** everywhere!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol thank you!!! I am not going insane!! My husbands family don't understand how I can cope with him being a wary all the time ( his sisters are all very needy their husbands a barely allowed out) honestly the truth is I can do it because when he is here I do everything anyway so it's no different??

I feel ur pain with the pregnancy u have all my sympathy
    I fell pregnant with DD when DS was 11 months soo hard I was sick all day every day for 20 wks which my DH found amusing!! Heavily pregnant in 46 degree heat with an 18 month boy to chase around by myself most of time

my DH wants 4 kids NOWAY!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yeah, I hear you. With seven people in the house it is never ending. I hired a cleaner but there's always stuff to do in between.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are AMAZING!!! 5 children i am still breast feeding so I can't toast u properly but Pepsi is my drink of choice at the moment I allow myself 1 glass a day and I dedicate my glass to you today lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Nah not amazing but thanks! I don't think it's harder than having two little ones as close in age as yours. At least I have kids to help clean muahaahhaha.

Hugs to you, I know how you are feeling. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hugs xx I feel your pain Shoppa!

I have 2 sons, 19 months and almost 4 months old and my hubby works away 3 weeks at a time.

I feel like I spend my days picking up after my 19 month old...food, toys, food and more toys...right now my lounge room floor is strewn with mega blocks (and just about every toy from the toy box i keep in the lounge room and I just CBF picking them up right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummtime101 View Post
    I'm in the same boat!! Ds is nearly three and I'm 8 months pregnant and so sick of mess. I am forever cleaning!!! Half the reason we have a dog is so I don't have to pick up food off the floor.....DH is the same and is away for 4 weeks and back for one but he has been put on another roster and is now home for another week.....he is great with ds but sick of his **** everywhere!!!!
    My dog died a few months ago and I had no idea how much she helped me!!! I'm forever cleaning up food scraps off the floor now, never had to do that before.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two babies similar age gap, DS is 3.5 and DD nearly 2.
    The last two years are a blur.

The housework is just never finished... I just try to keep the kids off carpet, I mop once a week and the rest of the time I use babywipes! I babywipe EVERYTHING!!

I find it really hard to keep on top of all the toys. I am yet to find a good system for organisning everything.

Sounds tough with your husband, but I can relate. When my DH works nightshift it drives me nuts becuase he is at home all day. But doesn't do anything to help around the house or with the kids. It always comes back to that age old argument of "I work harder than you do". Its a pointless argument.

All I can say is hang in there. Enjoy as much down time as you can, don't get too hung up on keeping the house clean. Kids don't care!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks and amen to baby wipes!!! Possibly the best thing ever created lol
    i am lucky my downstairs is all tiles, upstairs is carpet and we don't eat upstairs.

I gave in to DS and gave him his dummy now asleep in front of toy story DD also asleep so have unpacked/ repacked dishwasher, sterilised bottles re cleaned kitchen quickly ate something looked at pile of washing to put away but decided will do later... But thanks to you all I have done this with a smile on my face sometimes u just need a good whinge and a group of lovely mums