Results 321 to 330 of 340
24-08-2013 18:24 #321
24-08-2013 18:45 #322
24-08-2013 18:53 #323
- dropped a cellphone on DS's head shortly after his birth while trying to take a photo of him
- supermarket-bought tiramisu dessert is ~ 1.5% alcohol, who knew? (he slept well that night)
- I have entirely given up trying to prevent him from french kissing dogs - in fact, I stopped sterilising his bottles when he started doing that
- I argued with DW for a while, quite loudly, about the safety of his bouncinette on the slope in our garden; a minute later he tipped it forwards and landed head-first on a brick (DW was quite good about that, actually, I think she was too worried about DS to give me h*ll about it)
- I'll often encourage him to choose shorter books when it's time for bed, so story time will be over more quickly and I get to collapse (DW who is reading over my shoulder chipped in with 'I do that too')
- despite being a foodie and really into cooking, often I'm so 'over it' in the evenings that I'll just microwave up some pre-prepared baby food sachets (in fact, when he's hungry, DS will now collect a few from the cupboard, pile them on his little table, and shout "MORE") ... I should buy shares in Rafferty's Garden
- we took the approach of helping DS develop a broad pallette (& fewer food allergies) by introducing him to a wide range of foods very early ... now I'll feed him stuff as an experiment just to see if he'll eat it ... he eats rollmops, curry, and spinach as a result
- I taught him to blow raspberries and pukana from a young age ... now he thinks it's okay to stick out his tongue and shout at people he likes ...
- I utterly terrified him recently, by opening an umbrella ... I don't think he'd ever seen one before and ran out the room calling "mummy mummy mummy"; I called after him "do you want to hold the umbrella?" and he just shouted "nooooooooooo"
24-08-2013 19:03 #324
For a good few years I honestly thought I loved DS morevthen DD as her behavior was so atrocious. I hated being around her, dreaded her waking from naps etc. In my defense she was so bad she damaged her vocal cords due to tantrums. Anyway she has now turned a corner and much easier. Now its DS doing my head in. I honestly considered counseling as it bothered me so much. Also if the school sick bay calls I take my time getting up there. Once I didn't get there for about 2 hours...turned out DD had broken her collarbone.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
Last edited by CleverClogs; 24-08-2013 at 19:06.
24-08-2013 19:14 #325has left the building
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
I gave DS a taste of lemon yesterday just so I could be amused by him screwing up his face.
24-08-2013 19:16 #326
24-08-2013 19:16 #327
Today I put my kids to bed at 6pm so that DH and I could have more alone time together. I dony know why but im feeling extreme guilt for telling my kids it was bedtime before it was.
Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:
24-08-2013 19:19 #328
24-08-2013 19:21 #329
24-08-2013 19:31 #330
Seriously, the desk is set up as a standing workstation; after reading Sitting Down is Killing You I gave a standing station a try and found all sorts of benefits. Better posture, less lower back pain, higher energy levels ... all anecdotal evidence, to be sure, but I encourage you to give it a go.
You don't need a fancy (& expensive!) desk either, just pop down to Ikea with a tape measure and get one that fits you.
By poppy83 in forum Step-parents / Blended familiesReplies: 6Last Post: 24-03-2013, 08:49
L'il Aussie Prems FoundationAn Australian charity supporting families of premature babies & children. The charity assists families who are at ...
LATESTWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at homeGuide to government family benefit payments
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
I am... #20General Chat
Help with baby names please!Choosing Baby Names
Would you breastfeed in public?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
How long would you leave your 8 (almost 9) year old at home alone?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat