I just picked my DD up from Kindy early so she could play with DS1 while I have a sleep with DS2! So exhausted. He's feeding every 1.5-2hrs overnight and I'm shattered.
Results 221 to 230 of 340
22-08-2013 13:24 #221
22-08-2013 13:26 #222Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Among the gumtrees
*Spinoff* Confessions of an average parent
Oh this thread is awesome
I've just spent the past hour and a half laughing my *** off reading it from the start. I think that in itself says something... DS put his Cars DVD on by himself because mummy was ignoring him...
Can i wimp-out and start mine by explaining that i really started off a perfect parent! Honest! But i developed a partial disability while pregnant with DS and some days i am relatively fine, but some days my legs just dont work. As a consequence, i am a SAHM with a house that is complete chaos.
* I dont fold washing (even though i am more than capable of doing it) we have a basket of clean washing in each bedroom to pick thru each morning.
* DS still has up to 4 bottles of formula each day. He's turning 2 next month.
* DD has sensory issues and despises showering. But we make sure she has one at least once a week
* DS helps himself to "the snack drawer" in the kitchen. Filled with such nutritious goodies as Shapes, tiny teddys, cookies, sultanas, Cheerios, etc. Often he snacks on whatever food he finds dropped on the floor.
* DD has had her own iPad since she was 3. The baby bonus from belly bub#3 will be spent on two more iPads so each kid has their own.
* Is vegemite bad?? I thought it was full of vitamin B goodness? They both eat it every day.
* The kids get up on their own and watch tv and help themselves to the snack drawer while i sleep in until 7:30.
* Both kids have been raised on Tizzy Hall's routines. I make no apologies for that. They have no sleep issues. They are put to bed at 7pm and are asleep by 7:05pm. They wake at 7am.
* i have been known to stay in bed reading bubhub or facebook too long, then have no time to get dressed and then have to drive DD to the school bus stop in my PJs.
* i sometimes fake not being able to walk on my good days to get out of doing housework.
* before i buy clothes for myself or the kids, i check the laundering advice on the tag. If it needs to be ironed, i dont buy it. I dont iron.
There's lots more, but that will do for now
Last edited by steel magnolia; 22-08-2013 at 13:30.
22-08-2013 13:39 #223Senior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2013
im sick today and DH couldnt stay hom from work.
My 2.5yr old has eaten chocolates and donuts all morning.
I gave her a lolly pop for no other reason than to keep her quiet for 10minutes.
She didnt want the lunch i made her so i gave her another donut.
I left my 8mth old in his bouncer infront of the tv while i had a 20min nap on the sofa.
I asked DH to bring us home maccas for dinner tonight.
I drink beer. Alot of it.
DD watches as much tv as she wants because she's better behaved when the tv is on.
The Following User Says Thank You to B00ts For This Useful Post:
22-08-2013 13:39 #224
Loving this thread
I am guilty of a fair few (too much Telly, junky snacks from time to time, letting the housework slip a bit now I'm pregnant etc ), especially considering I've only been a parent for 11 months lol.
I think it's really lovely that everyone is having a light hearted conversation on letting things go a bit. I know the pressure to be perfect is a lot for some and it's nice to demonstrate that there are no perfect parents (just like there are no perfect people ).
Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
22-08-2013 14:21 #225Senior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
I pretend my morning sickness is far worse than it actually is so DP does nappy changes, breakfast, etc, with my 18 month old. I get out of bed when he goes to work, I put on abc4kids & lie on the couch til I'm ready to face the day
22-08-2013 14:22 #226
I seriously have too many to list I kid you not . So ill just say this is a great thread !
The Following User Says Thank You to heeeeerekittykitty For This Useful Post:
steel magnolia (22-08-2013)
22-08-2013 14:26 #227
22-08-2013 14:32 #228Senior Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
22-08-2013 14:40 #229
Dd3 wouldn't sleep today without abc2 on the tv...5 mins and an voila!
Note shes asleep in the beanbag because im too lazy to move her. .
Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app
22-08-2013 14:50 #230
Hands down best thread ive ever read on bubhub!!!
Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
By poppy83 in forum Step-parents / Blended familiesReplies: 6Last Post: 24-03-2013, 08:49
Melbourne Natural Medicine ClinicLeading natural health practitioners in fertility, preconception, pregnancy, and children's health. We take an ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
HGC lelvels stressed please helpConception & Fertility General Chat
Happiness thread.General Chat
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation
ConfusedConception & Fertility General Chat
Situations - ok or not ok?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Would you delay TTC because first child is starting first year of school.General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat