Closed Thread
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1377129937.619647.jpg

DD2 stuck in the toy box. If its funny & the kids aren't in immediate danger, I will always take a photo before helping them.

DS got a day off today after spending half an hour on the toilet because I couldn't be bothered taking DD1&2 with me to fill out a late form.

School related stuff bores the hell out of me & I tell DS that the babies make it hard for me to be involved.

We have 2 laundry baskets in each bedroom, one for clean clothes & one for dirty and just get clothes out of the clean basket.

I go to a friends house every Friday night so I can get out of the house & I get resentful if I can't go for any reason.
    Attached Images

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ChickyBee For This Useful Post:

moosey  (22-08-2013),SoThisIsLove  (22-08-2013),steel magnolia  (22-08-2013),veggiemama  (22-08-2013),Whoknows  (22-08-2013),~Marigold~  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    -DD is 21 months old and asks for "chocolate and biccies" every day...yes she pronounces chocolate correctly. (She doesnt get chocolate every day).
    -We have takeaway at least one a week and DD loves cheeseburgers.
    -She has to have a little bit of my cup of tea before i finish it or world war 3 starts.
    -When we are home the tv is on all day and not on cartoons because i dont like them.
    -Both DH and I work full time so DD is at daycare for 9 hours a day (45 hours a week)
    -I leave DD in the car to pay for petrol.
    -I bribe her with my phone to get her to stay still so i can change her nappy.
    -She has a small amout of cordial or juice mixed with water in her drink bottle.
    -DH and i are currently teaching her to call her poppy a monkey just because we think its funny.

And im sure i have plenty more....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bearbug For This Useful Post:

steel magnolia  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone else loathe putting kids/babies to bed? The whole drama of getting them down for a sleep (day or night)? Both of mine are quite hard to get down and I have come to hate it. I'd almost rather they just stayed up. The other night I'd put the baby to bed and DH was about to take the toddler in for his bedtime routine, as usual. I said "I can put him to bed if you want to watch the rugby". But I think my flat, unenthusiastic tone told him that really wasn't going to happen! Yes, I'm not just a great mother but an awesome wife too!!!

Does anyone's child actually get the amount of sleep the experts reckon they are 'supposed' to have???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tikigirl View Post
    Does anyone else loathe putting kids/babies to bed? The whole drama of getting them down for a sleep (day or night)? Both of mine are quite hard to get down and I have come to hate it. I'd almost rather they just stayed up. The other night I'd put the baby to bed and DH was about to take the toddler in for his bedtime routine, as usual. I said "I can put him to bed if you want to watch the rugby". But I think my flat, unenthusiastic tone told him that really wasn't going to happen! Yes, I'm not just a great mother but an awesome wife too!!!

Does anyone's child actually get the amount of sleep the experts reckon they are 'supposed' to have???
    I dont put DS2 down for a daytime nap anymore, simply because I cant be bothered. He would still nap if I tried but I cant be bothered so I dont.

Also I cant wait until DS3 can stay awake for longer between naps - so many naps makes school drop off and pick ups hell.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I used to tell my kids that the reason the ice cream trucks ring their bell is to tell people they have no ice cream left.

Doesnt work now they are 9 and 5 though lol!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mahjong For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (25-08-2013),babyla  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mahjong View Post
    i used to tell my kids that the reason the ice cream trucks ring their bell is to tell people they have no ice cream left.

Doesnt work now they are 9 and 5 though lol!!
    awesome!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    -DD has had Macca's fries and tasted soft drink from my glass. She has also had (and loves, not surprisingly) chocolate and has diluted juice.
    -I throw her full nappies straight out of the bedroom door (from my bed, they land down the hall) after her change during the night because I can't be bothered walking to the kitchen bin. I collect them the next morning, lol. (never pooey ones though!)
    -ABC kids on TV on A LOT. But I don't see a problem with this one; we play all day long, she looks at the telly occasionally and really enjoys her shows, dances to the songs etc, claps when her fave show comes on etc.. she learns from them.
    -I, like many others, have a massive pile of clean, unfolded washing. DH and DS call it the mountain. DS: "Mum, where's my T-shirt?" DH: "Check mum's mountain".
    -I give DD my car keys to play with and pretend I don't see her sucking them (she loves them!) especially when we're shopping and she's screaming in the trolley seat.. "here, have my keys.."
    -I haven't cleaned DS's bedroom since he was, like 8. I say it's teaching him responsibilty etc.. but it's really because I cbf doing it. He does such a half as$ed job and I only thoroughly clean it for him when we're having company over.
    - Ironing. Hahahaha. Ironing... only when the item of clothing is about to be worn do I iron it (if it needs it). I can't believe people iron habitually before folding and putting clothes away.
    -I put a layer of foil on the bottom of the oven so all I have to do when cleaning it is remove the old foil and put a fresh sheet down.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (22-08-2013),FutureMa  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tikigirl View Post

Yep I hate it. We have had success with putting our 6 month old into her cot and patting her and she'd go to sleep within a few minutes. But a lot of the times during the day, I just want to sit on the couch and watch TV instead of patting her, so I rock her to sleep and hold her while she sleeps. But as far as my husband knows, she gets patted to sleep in her cot as I make him do that at night to be consistent. Not so much bad parenting, more bad wife-ing lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    If its funny & the kids aren't in immediate danger, I will always take a photo before helping them.
    I havent't read the whole thread yet, but that made me seriously L.O.L.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    We have 2 laundry baskets in each bedroom, one for clean clothes & one for dirty and just get clothes out of the clean basket.
    I do that too! Hate laundry!

*Subbing* to get more great parenting tips hahaha

14. The Following User Says Thank You to steel magnolia For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (22-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    -I, like many others, have a massive pile of clean, unfolded washing. DH and DS call it the mountain. DS: "Mum, where's my T-shirt?" DH: "Check mum's mountain".
    I call ours Mt Washmore.. DF laughed at me the other day because I said DS2 was crawling up Mt Washmore and he was going to roll off.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

veggiemama  (22-08-2013),~Marigold~  (22-08-2013)