+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    Can you pay extra for the kids to sit with someone else?
    Lol love it :-)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to millsmum For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If your child is under 2 and flying for free the pram will fly for free as part of the 'infant' airfare

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lovelymum For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No she will be 2 almost 3 so had to purchase a ticket.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millsmum View Post
    They said we could take the car seat on board as long as we notified them as she said it needed a window seat, would be much better to take it on board as we will be pushed to the limit with our baggage with the 5 of us and as it will be Xmas 1 suitcase alone will be presents.
    Can't believe I was stupid enough to pay the extra $55 to pick our seating.
    I'm taking a carseat on board in 2weeks with Virgin, although the rules are similar. Yes you are allowed to do this rather than check in as cargo.

Be careful and check the diameter of your carseat and the airline seats though. I actually had to purchase a new seat that would fit on the flight - which I was ok with since I'm traveling with 2 under 2 on my own. But not many of the more popular seats here actually fit.

Also you usually need a letter from the manufacturer confirming the seat complies with US FAA (i think thats the acronym) safety. Go to the Jetstar website and search 'cars eat on board' for specific info. It's a pain but definitely doable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    I'm taking a carseat on board in 2weeks with Virgin, although the rules are similar. Yes you are allowed to do this rather than check in as cargo.

Be careful and check the diameter of your carseat and the airline seats though. I actually had to purchase a new seat that would fit on the flight - which I was ok with since I'm traveling with 2 under 2 on my own. But not many of the more popular seats here actually fit.

Also you usually need a letter from the manufacturer confirming the seat complies with US FAA (i think thats the acronym) safety. Go to the Jetstar website and search 'cars eat on board' for specific info. It's a pain but definitely doable.
    The jetstar operator did ask if the car seat has the Australian standards sticker on it. We have the safe and sound meridian tilt and adjust and also the ahr convertible booster but both being such big seats I don't think either would fit :-(
    Thank you for the info and good luck with your flight :-)
    Last edited by millsmum; 19-08-2013 at 21:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The jetstar operator did ask if the car seat has the Australian standards sticker on it. We have the safe and sound meridian tilt and adjust and also the ahr convertible booster but both being such big seats I don't think either would fit :-(
    Thank you for the info and good luck with your flight :-)
    Both of those don't fit Virgin - check the seat size on Jetstar.

Yes the problem we have in Australia is that it's illegal to sell a carseat without the Australian Safety Standards code compliance (hence the sticker she referred to). However if you have a letter from the supplier or manufacturer confirming it complies with the US one required to fly, then it's supposed to be fine.

If it helps, the Britax carseats (Hipod, Cargo, Milan, Siena) all comply and I even have the standard letter on email I could send to you. I brought the seat at Target for $149.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Both of those don't fit Virgin - check the seat size on Jetstar.

Yes the problem we have in Australia is that it's illegal to sell a carseat without the Australian Safety Standards code compliance (hence the sticker she referred to). However if you have a letter from the supplier or manufacturer confirming it complies with the US one required to fly, then it's supposed to be fine.

If it helps, the Britax carseats (Hipod, Cargo, Milan, Siena) all comply and I even have the standard letter on email I could send to you. I brought the seat at Target for $149.
    Ours do still have their stickers on them thankfully, all she mentioned was that it only had to have the Australian sticker, it's only a domestic flight to Cairns.
    What do you mean by complies with US?
    I'm wandering since I don't think they will fit weather it may be easier to give our in laws some money to buy 2 cars eats up there before we arrive, I just thought if we could at least take 1 then it would be easier to only have to worry about getting 1 more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok just found all there info on car seats for jetstar, it's only jetstar Asia and valuair flights that don't except Australian standards seats but for all other it's says the seat must display the au standard sticker AS1754 which ours do and fit on an airline seat which I presume ours wont :-(
    The info says their seats are 17.88inch wide and 29in seat pitch in the A320
    Last edited by millsmum; 20-08-2013 at 12:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok just found all there info on car seats for jetstar, it's only jetstar Asia and valuair flights that don't except Australian standards seats but for all other it's says the seat must display the au standard sticker AS1754 which ours do and fit on an airline seat which I presume ours wont :-(
    Perhaps because its a domestic flight it's different to OS - I'm flying to Bali.

The only problem you'll have them yes is the width of the seats. I doubt yours will fit (they don't on Virgin) but just check on the Jetstar website.