+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do you get your CCR paid?

Hi

We have always opted for the quarterly pay-back of the CCR into our account as with one child attending daycare (full-time last year but only 2 days this year) it was affordable to pay the fees and then have a nice little wad of money to look forward to every 3 months. However, with 2 kids now, both of whom will be attending daycare full-time when I return to work in January, it's going to be way too expensive to pay up-front and wait for the CCR, especially without any CCB. So we want to change our CCR payment frequency. What do people think - is it better to get it paid fortnightly to the childcare centre to reduce our fees, or to get it paid fortnightly into our account? I'm a bit nervous about the centre getting it as there have been lots of errors in our fees over the past 18 months, the most recent being an error in adjusting our CCB. I can kind of see the whole thing becoming a big mess if the centre gets our CCR and has to reduce our fees . . . But maybe I'm being paranoid. What are other people's experiences?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We get it coming to us for just this reason.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have it come directly to me fortnightly. It makes me feel like I'm not paying so much. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I think in my heart I know it's best to have the money coming to us rather than going to the centre! I just don't trust them to get it right. Now to phone Centrelink and change our payment option - that call should only take a few hours

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get it paid directly back to me every week/fortnight. Just be prepared for the first lot of full fees until your rebate comes back to you

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I thought you could only change the option of how you get ccr once a year, before the start if the year. I hope I'm wrong cause I was going to change to fortnightly from yearly/quarterly as I really can't afford $500/fortnight anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I changed from fortnightly to my account and now have it paid to the centre. Much easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you go online it says you can't change it during the financial year but you can contact them if you have exceptional circumstances. I'm hoping I can get it changed as it will be way too expensive with both kids attending.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tikigirl For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (19-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mopoke View Post
    I thought you could only change the option of how you get ccr once a year, before the start if the year. I hope I'm wrong cause I was going to change to fortnightly from yearly/quarterly as I really can't afford $500/fortnight anymore.
    You should be able to change it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine goes directly to the centre. Like any other bill, I check my statement that is emailed to me weekly. So long as the statement is correct I am happy.

I don't see how it makes a difference. I know exactly how much oop we pay each week and if its any different on the statement then I question it.