+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anti-Ds and the pill questions....

I am currently on Zoloft for PND and PTSD following a very traumatic birth and months of illness that followed. I am terrified of falling pregnant so looking into birth control. Can you take the pill and anti-depressants at the same time? Every other time I have taken the pill ( many types) I have turned moody and depressed.... Could taking the anti depressants stop this????? Any experiences would be great to hear. Off to dr tom but prefer real life stories to help make decisions not just dr recommendations.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take lexapro, lithium and microgynon. Im fine with them all. In the past ive taken many different pills and they all made me crazy. Since being on anti-d's and lithium (dont know about JUST anti-d's) ive been fine.
    I take microgynon cause its the one with the lowest estrogen so less chance of mood changes. Its more expensive as its not on the medicare thing but totally worth it.
    Im bipolar (recently diagnosed).
    Take to your GP about a low estrogen one.
    So yes, the anti-d's could very well stop the mood swings. Before diagnosis i was always blaming the pill for my mood swings but now that i think about it, it was probably the bipolar moods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was taking Zoloft and the pill and had no issues at all. In fact I think it was a good combination for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies! I am very sensitive to hormonal changes so even off the pill I get very down with pms but my medication has really helped with that! No harm in trying. a vasectomy is on the cards for hubby so if the pill doesn't work for me that's our next option.