+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default swapping roles with DH - feeling apprehensive

DH and I have always thought that our ideal situation would be for us to both work part-time and share the role of looking after the kids. Unfortunately that is proving more difficult to organise than we thought and now it is looking like I might have to return to work while he becomes a SAHD. He is loving the idea as he hates his job and wants to spend more time with our kids (aged 1 & 2). I know that he would do a fantastic job with them and do the housework better than I do but I'm struggling to feel ok with the idea of being back in the workforce. I'm going to miss my boys so much (even though there are times when they drive me so nuts I wish I was already at work!). I'm also feeling funny about out in the real world and that I am going to have to switch my brain back on again. Handing control of the house to DH is also making me quite nervous.

How did you find the transition back to work? Any tips on how to get through those first few days/weeks away from your kids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Couldn't read and not reply. Just wanted to say that it's a real positive that they will be at home with Daddy. You will miss them like crazy, and for me the guilt hasn't eased...however you do what you deem best for them and in the end just remind yourself of why you have made this choice. Good luck! And enjoy x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I love being back at work

I can understand how you feel though. Do you enjoy your job? That makes it a lot easier!

Sounds like your DH will do a great job, and your kids will love it too! My DH is also better at housework than me lol.

Good luck - when are you going back?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did it, DH loves being a SAHD and I love being back at work. I've been lucky enough to negotiate 4 days p/w and DH does casual work on that one day. I have to say, it's also great walking in the door each night to the following reception from DD: "mummy! MUMMY! YaaaaaaaaYYYY!!!"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

Addison (04-09-2013),PurpleButterfly4 (04-10-2013)