+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow I can't believe people are so rude! I used to get funny looks when I was about 16/17 taking my neighbors kids to the park - I realize now they must have thought they were mine! Oops!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MeeG View Post
    I used to work as a property manager and was doing a house inspection, I had a picture of my daughter on my key ring and the tenant asked me if I was married cause I wasn't wearing a ring...

I told in him no my partner and I weren't married and he went on to tell me that if we were in his country unwed mothers would be punished by law.... So I went on to tell him luckily I live in Australia and its none of his business!!! Some people just need to keep the opinions to themselves.
    I had a landlord say that unwed mothers should be ashamed of themselves in the office, while pregnant with ds2. One of the sales agents stuck up for me thankfully as I was pretty gobsmacked.

He did come back in a week later to apologise so maybe he reassessed his original opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a very visible baby bump (same measurements as at 36 weeks last time )
    and as a family day carer often take my kids walking to the park/store etc. Thursdays I have a 3.8 year old, 2 2 year olds and a 14 mth old. I have no idea how ppl think they are all mine with those age gaps, but have had people stare, comment that we need to buy a tv etc. the worst was a car slowing down so the p plate guy could yell out "keep you legs closed sl*t"
    i hate judgemental people. I should wear a shift that says I'm a daycarer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can not believe the comments that come out of my in-laws mouths. We live in Cairns (they live in Brisbane), and Cairns has a large Indigenous population. Every time they visit, all I hear is "Look at her!!! See, they CAN dress nicely!", or "Look, why's he walking down the street with a gas bottle? Probably stole it!" (this on Xmas Eve - and even FIL piped up to MIL and said "prob to the corner shop to get it exchanged?"

Arghhhh....

Where do I finish with examples of these two and their judgements???? Mind u, I do understand their generation and background, but I honestly cringe at their comments on every person they have opinions on - gay, straight, young, old, Indigenous, Japanese. You cannot go out ANYWHERE without their two cents worth. I really am surprised they've never been confronted or punched in the face!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I hate to think what people say about me- we often have 8 year old neice, 8 year old SD, 6 year old SD, 3 year old DD, 2 year old DD and 8 month old DS...... Wait til my bump pops this time. Bahahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    My BIL pushes the pram with DS in it sometimes & he gets the same looks. He's 18 but people still look at him like "wtf?"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm pretty short (about 5foot) and I always get filthy looks from older ladies (50ish or so) especially when I was pushing a pram with two babies in it. I just felt like screaming "I'm 22, married and they're twins!"

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I get judgmental looks from older people (generally middle aged women) because of the way I dress and more recently because I look younger than 20 and have a child and still dress how I want (which is apparently immature, meh). It bugs me but I guess I judge them back as being unhappy old farts.

Sent from my talky stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    When i was 18 DH (DF at the time) and I took my two younger cousins to the regatta; they were 3 & 1 at the time and both in pram/stroller (we were giving my aunty a couple of hours of peace and quiet); some of the looks we got and the comments we heard when walking past people were absolutely disgusting! Some people really need to learn to mind their own business!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't believe some of these comments people have had!