+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meljemillie View Post
    I rang the police..I am waiting for them to call me back..its no excuse but I was kind of in two minds about..because what if she gets investigated and takes her anger out even worse on her son...but then if I did nothing. .and something happened to him id never forgive myself.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Glad you reported it. They may not sound interested on the phone but that doesn't mean it won't be followed up. Due to confidentiality laws etc they can't really give too much away, for all we know she is a known DV offender to them and your report came as no surprise. Either way, I hope that little guy is ok and gets some help very soon.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

meljemillie  (09-08-2013)

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh my gosh, you absolutely did the right thing. That poor child Just a thought, it might not have been that the woman was his mother. It could have been a family member or a babysitter.
    So if someone was treating my son like that while they had care of him I would absolutely 100% want someone witnessing that to report it. It might be the mum but it might not, and if it's not you might have saved her child from further abuse.

Good on you for reporting it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for your concern everyone. I'm ok today but I didn't sleep well last night.mit kept replaying in my head..I felt so much better once I rang the police..I just hope he's ok x

6. The Following User Says Thank You to meljemillie For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (09-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by meljemillie View Post
    Thanks for your concern everyone. I'm ok today but I didn't sleep well last night.mit kept replaying in my head..I felt so much better once I rang the police..I just hope he's ok x

Good on you for calling the police, you may have just saved that little boy

Also take care of yourself, I hope you get a better sleep tonight xo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad you reported it! Know that now that little boy has as at least one person in his corner - you. Or maybe you're the final straw and now that boy is being saved.

You've done a good thing. Are you ok? I know it's all well and good to say you did good but now, how are you?

I've seen a father drag his son along a foot path by the shirt and a tuff of hair. As soon as I was within distance of a store (for safety) I called police. The sad fact is sometimes these kids have no one willing (or able in some cases) to call and let people know.

Hope you're alright and steps are taken or have already been taken to save that boy.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonezart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foguka View Post
    Glad you reported it! Know that now that little boy has as at least one person in his corner - you. Or maybe you're the final straw and now that boy is being saved.

You've done a good thing. Are you ok? I know it's all well and good to say you did good but now, how are you?

I've seen a father drag his son along a foot path by the shirt and a tuff of hair. As soon as I was within distance of a store (for safety) I called police. The sad fact is sometimes these kids have no one willing (or able in some cases) to call and let people know.

Hope you're alright and steps are taken or have already been taken to save that boy.
    Thankyou for asking..I am okay..I still can't get my head around what I saw and the look of terror on his little face...to be honest I was scared to ring the police because I don't want to make his home situation any worse if the police make a visit..but I really couldn't sit back and pretend nothing happened. ..he is only a little boy and needs someone in his corner defending him which I will gladly do in court if I need too x thanks again for asking x

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meljemillie For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (10-08-2013),SoThisIsLove  (09-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good on you for reporting it, it can get to you but after a few days you will start feeling a little normal each day. A few years ago we were up early getting ready for a little road trip and as I was putting the kids in the car I saw this teenage girl running past and around the corner, she kept looking behind her and thought it was a bit strange because no one was out and about that early. Next minute a car comes screaming down the road, quickly did a u-turn and went down the st the girl had, a minute later the car drove past with the girl in the car and the guy driving it was repeatedly punching her in the face/head we rang the police straight away but like you we couldn't sleep that night, it kept turning in our heads wondering what happened to the poor girl. Years later and it still plays on my mind

Thanks
    Reviews
    Of course I would report it!