+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Any August Clomid first rounders?

Hey girls,

I've just started my first Clomid cycle! I'm taking 50mg on cycle days 4 thru 8. Literally just taken my first tablet. Excited and staying positive . Anyone else out there just starting?

Bek x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nobody starting Clomid this month at all?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi PostivelyBek

I just filled my first script for month 1 of Clomid...I'm a little nervous and a little excited all at the same time. This will be month 9 of trying for us, with one m/c in Feb 13. I didn't O at all this cycle and now just waiting not so patiently for AF to arrive to start round one of Clomid on days 3-7.

I am most looking forward to a shorter cycle.. and happy about the increased risk of twins :-) All in all, sounds like a good option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is my first month of clomid too, took the last one two days ago. I took 50mg day 2 through to day 6. I'm interested in seeing whether I will O this month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone know why each Dr prescribes different cycles days for different people to take it on?
    ie. positively bek is day 4 -8; kcooper is day 2 -6 ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Goodluck to both! Personally I have no idea why it's prescribed on different days. I have read online though that it doesn't really matter which days you take it. We shall see .

This is my first clomid cycle but this year my cycles have seemed to have calmed down and regulated themselves somewhat so fingers crossed!! It seemed it be a pretty positive result for others .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure why different people are told to take them on different cycle days.

Did anyone experience any side effects? Apart from feeling super emotional, I had no other side effects which made me question whether it was working. I have no chance of falling this cycle as I'm having surgery to remove a growth in my uterus today, but would still like to know if I O. Good luck to everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kcooper

This is my 4th day of taking clomid and so far I've had some insane hot flushes/night sweats and I've been a bit crampy. Other than that, no side effects. Sounds like you've just tolerated it really well . Good luck in surgery!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks positivelybek, the surgery went well just in a bit of pain now but glad it's all over.

Your side effects do not sound fun at all. Are you having any monitoring done for this cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's really good to hear .

It's not as bad as it sounds. Night sweats are a bit strange because you feel intensely hot and sweaty and then all of a sudden you're cold and tingly. I've never felt anything like it. It's strange and uncomfortable but not horrible.

To a degree yes, I'm having a scan done next week (on CD14) to check everything out. And then I'll see my GP and have my progesterone checked on CD21. But other than that, no monitoring. I am doing the LH pee sticks myself too.

How long is your recovery from surgery?