Closed Thread
Page 41 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We (correction I!!) have spilled the beans a bit too!

Both sets of family / siblings, my bestie and my PA all know already.

My last pregnancy we had just finished telling everyone - my work did a big announcement on the day I ended up in hospital, and bub died the next day. And that was at 17 weeks.

I guess I keep thinking about who I will want support from should something go wrong, and these are the people I will tell.

I really felt awkward everyone at work knowing and then being told what had happened, so will be keeping it from them for as long as possible. Although the only reason I told them last time at 17 weeks was that people kept looking at my tummy as I was showing quite a lot!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats LittleMissMagic !! How exciting That's just the most amazing thing!

We've only told our parents and a couple close friends at this stage. They are all sworn to secrecy! I think i'll hold off till our 7 week scan and then I might at least tell my brother and a few other close family. I can't wait

That's really tough bedlover and i'm sorry to hear that. They say to hold off annoucing it till 12 weeks but really, that's still no guarantee

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

LittleMissMagic  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay littlemissmagic how exiting!!

DH and I decided not to tell anyone and it's so freaking hard!! One of my friends from work is the only ones that knows as she knew I was cycling and now I can't touch certain drugs. I was dying to tell my Dad yesterday and DH walked out cause he wanted to yell it through the phone. Unless it becomes obvious, we will tell after the NT scan.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about that Bedlover, there really are no guarantees at any stage which makes it very hard to relax and enjoy pregnancy. If you don't mind me asking, do they know what happened to your bub at 17 weeks?

Magic I'm very happy to hear everything is on track. Seeing that heartbeat is a pretty incredible experience

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Arlais,

I don't mind you asking at all!

I got septicemia (blood infection). They don't know how I got it - most people who get it never find out how it happened. The infection goes all through your body which includes the amniotic fluid. The increase in pressure caused my water to break which is why the baby then died as it was too early for it to survive without the fluid.

This all happened in a space if 24 hours. I though I had full blown flu with fevers and chills etc, and saw the dr who agreed and was treating me as such. It wasn't til I ended up so sick I went to hospital that they did a HEAP of tests on me and figured it out. By the time they started antibiotics it was too late and my waters broke an hour or so later.

After the baby was delivered I spent 4 days in ICU and nearly died. Apparently 40% if people don't make it, however it is more common in people with an already suppressed immune system (elderly, HIV, cancer, post major surgery etc).

I know of at least one IVF hubber who had the same while pregnant - she lost twins at 19 weeks.

There is nothing you can do to stop it, but I would say if you are feeling ill while pregnant see a DR straight away and be assertive to make sure they rule everything nasty out.

All my drs are saying there is no reason to expect the same to happen again this time - it was just a freak thing.

Oops, sorry for the novel!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (02-09-2013),LittleMissMagic  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou for sharing your experience Bedlover - it's great that you're still here after all that! Good advice too about insisting on more testing if you're feeling unwell.

I appreciate you sharing because I get a little freaked out when I hear about people losing their bubs past the first trimester. I know the odds are supposed to be quite good for making it through once you're over 12 weeks, so I guess I just wonder if there's anything I can do to prevent a late loss when I hear stories like yours. I'm getting used to the idea of having a baby and rather attached to this little blob!

I'm feeling so unmotivated today, quite blurgh and kind of like I want to have a good cry! I'd just like to crawl back into bed and snuggle with my fur babies. Thankfully have a day off tomorrow for my first OB appt - won't really get a sleep in though as it's at 8:30am so I just have to look forward to an afternoon nap

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow what a terrible infection Bedlover. Must have been an awful time for you and DH and family. Thank Goodness you survived to have your family in the end. X

Arlais im also feeling slightly blah. I'm worrying about my hcg tomorrow. Working tonight when I'd rather just stay home and cuddle with DH and Furbabies too.

However, work is good in that sometimes it takes my mind off everything. IVF is such a strange journey.

LittleMissMagic -
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 02-09-2013 at 13:37.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats LittleMissMagic!! Do you have an official EDD?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats LittleMissmagic. I think we are due dates buddies- the 18th right?

Sorry to hear that you are both feeling unwell today Arlais and Butterfly. I am ok today but absolutely starving! I feel like I could eat a horse.

You must one strong lady Bedlover. I cant imagine going through something like that. I defn admire your courage to keep trying.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (02-09-2013),LittleMissMagic  (02-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover I have commended your courage and strength before but you can never have enough compliments in life. You and Aly are my heroes This bubba is one you get to hold forever.

I dont wish loosing a child upon anyone, but the universe should cut us poor IVF'ers a break when it comes to that kind of thing! Its hard enough getting there the first time, doing it again is just plain cruel.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

bedlover  (02-09-2013)