+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    So how does this deter him from speaking to sinister strangers?
    I think the point is....a truly *good* predator, as in effective doesn't appear sinister, so you need to bypass all of that baddies were black cloaks stuff and teach them that they stay with you or the person you leave them with, you never wonder off, not letting anybody touch you in your private places, not takine things from strangers unless mum/dad say it is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    So how does this deter him from speaking to sinister strangers?
    To a toddler, everyone is just about a stranger! By letting him interact and talk to people ( instead of saying - don't ever talk to strangers) he gets to experience, with me , what "normal " conversations are and how 99% of strangers act and as he grows up I would hope his common sense kicks in ( he's 2.5 now ) and he will know the difference between a safe adult and a sinister stranger ( eg: someone asking how his day was compared to come and help me find my dog) and if he ever got into trouble or felt someone was being sinister he would run and ask someone else for help , or if he ever got lost instead of running away screaming he would ask a stranger ( aim for mother with kids!) for help