+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Red face Conceive with poor morphology???

Hi ladies,

we just got some bad news with DHs semen analysis (SA). Everything was normal except have extraordinarily poor morphology :-(

We're going to have a retest, but would love to hear

1. Have you naturally conceived?
    2. Conceived with assistance? If so, what assistance? Ivf, Icsi, IUI,etc
    3. Can you improve morphology? How?

anything else?
    Thanking you in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumping!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!!!

We had same issue. 100% abnormal sperm, but high count of motility and number on multiple tests.

From what we were told there was no specific reason for it. Ruled out testicular trauma, genetic issues through full testing. We were told that it was likely DPs had been like since birth. The FS said there was no specific fix for his morphology.

We did ICSI for the first round with a chemical and lots of 'dodgy' embies. DP and I went on a super healthy diet with lots of fresh food. Lost some weight. Started on fish oil and reduced alcohol (not completely stopped).

Our last IVF icsi cycle his sample tested with some normal sperm!!! We had good fertilisation and some beautiful embryos.

And I am now 25 weeks preg x

Dont lose hope hun. Ask for genetic tests to rule out other issues. Make sure DH gets his bits checked (if he hasnt) so you know no evidence of trauma. Alot of natural therpies can help including accupuncture or naturopathy depending on the cause.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (01-08-2013),KaraB  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dh suffered terribly from poor morphology, motility and count and we needed icsi.

In our very first sample there was not one live sperm. We have since conceived 3 babies, one resulting in our dd, one miscarriage and currently 29 weeks pregnant.

The key for us was supplements to counteract dh's poor diet and lifestyle. He did try his best and committed to the gym, healthier diet and a full range of supps when we conceived dd but since having her it had been hard for either of us to commit much time to official exercise and we do try to eat as healthy as possible.

Along with many common supps my fs was also willing to trial him on melatonin. I found an amazing Japanese study that showed great results. It was a risk cos old studies suggest melatonin hinders sperm health and most clinics will only recommend for the female egg health. Lo and behold on day of epu my dh had close to "normal" results and healthy sperm in the millions.

Other supps were:
    Fish oil
    Menevit or high strength zinc
    Maca powder
    Goji berries
    Aloe Vera juice
    Pumpkin seeds
    L-carnitine
    Berocca
    Men's multi
    Folate 5mg
    Melatonin

Yes it's alot. I dished them out each morning or night and he just stood there and swallowed a few at a time until they were all gone.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (02-08-2013),KaraB  (11-01-2014),motherslilhelper  (06-01-2014),oni  (06-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbutterfly View Post
    Hi!!!

We had same issue. 100% abnormal sperm, but high count of motility and number on multiple tests.

From what we were told there was no specific reason for it. Ruled out testicular trauma, genetic issues through full testing. We were told that it was likely DPs had been like since birth. The FS said there was no specific fix for his morphology.

We did ICSI for the first round with a chemical and lots of 'dodgy' embies. DP and I went on a super healthy diet with lots of fresh food. Lost some weight. Started on fish oil and reduced alcohol (not completely stopped).

Our last IVF icsi cycle his sample tested with some normal sperm!!! We had good fertilisation and some beautiful embryos.

And I am now 25 weeks preg x

Dont lose hope hun. Ask for genetic tests to rule out other issues. Make sure DH gets his bits checked (if he hasnt) so you know no evidence of trauma. Alot of natural therpies can help including accupuncture or naturopathy depending on the cause.
    Congratulations dancing butterfly!!!!!!
    I really appreciate hearing of your journey, and with such great success! I'm trying to not lose hope, it's all just come as such a shock as DH is so fit and healthy!

Thanks again and best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    My dh suffered terribly from poor morphology, motility and count and we needed icsi.

In our very first sample there was not one live sperm. We have since conceived 3 babies, one resulting in our dd, one miscarriage and currently 29 weeks pregnant.

The key for us was supplements to counteract dh's poor diet and lifestyle. He did try his best and committed to the gym, healthier diet and a full range of supps when we conceived dd but since having her it had been hard for either of us to commit much time to official exercise and we do try to eat as healthy as possible.

Along with many common supps my fs was also willing to trial him on melatonin. I found an amazing Japanese study that showed great results. It was a risk cos old studies suggest melatonin hinders sperm health and most clinics will only recommend for the female egg health. Lo and behold on day of epu my dh had close to "normal" results and healthy sperm in the millions.

Other supps were:
    Fish oil
    Menevit or high strength zinc
    Maca powder
    Goji berries
    Aloe Vera juice
    Pumpkin seeds
    L-carnitine
    Berocca
    Men's multi
    Folate 5mg
    Melatonin

Yes it's alot. I dished them out each morning or night and he just stood there and swallowed a few at a time until they were all gone.
    Thanks Nicole! Congrats on your pregnancy and other babies!
    Wow that's a quite an extensive comprehensive list of vitamins!!! I'm taking note!
    I appreciate you sharing this so much
    Thanks!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bebedayz For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you and good luck. I also know of another hubber who had been thru many, many ivf cycles with dh issues and never fell pregnant. She fell naturally after taking most of those supps in between ivf cycles. She was waiting to cycle again and wanted to give the supps 3 months to kick in.

This also happened to me with the baby I later miscarried. But it gave me hope that for the first time in my life we fell pg naturally which could have been luck, but I honestly think things were on their way to improving thanks to him being on the supps.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (01-08-2013),KaraB  (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby has 99% morphology... We did 3 failed rounds of Ivf and then it happened naturally! Miracles can happen, stay positive! X

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nayg For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (01-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls.. I just thought of pop in..

I'm sorry Binkee for the bad news.. We all seem to get our fair share of crap news on this journey!

My DH had a test and had low count, motility and 0%morph.. He changed underwear, stopped drinking in the week, cut down on the gym, took Menevit and zinc, ate lots of asparagus and pomegranate juice ( lots! ) and 3 months later all his stats are normal apart from morphology.. It did go from 0% to 1% in 12 weeks tho!

My friend also just got a natural conception with her DH's low count and morph.. She's my flagship girl of hope! I'm praying I'm lucky too..

Baby dust to all xx

Me 32 PCOS

DH 37 Low Morphology 😔

TTC#1 since Oct 2012

Clomid and IUI due to start Oct

Me 32 PCOS
    DH 37 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (10-10-2013),nikski  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry.. Binkee was meant to say Bebedayz.. I copied the post from another thread as the same info

Me 32 PCOS
    DH 37 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012

17. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Bebedayz  (10-10-2013)