Closed Thread
Page 16 of 93 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb2011 - I'm really sorry about the loss of your friend. I also really hope that they don't cancel this cyle on you. When do you find out? Sometimes getting away for a few days is the best thing to help clear our minds. I'm happy to hear that you're staying positive though, this is important.

Booboo - I'm really sorry about the loss of you friend as well.

Jessie87 - Welcome to the thread! I don't really know all that much about it just yet. Hopefully towards the end of this month when I finally start doing the injections etc I will be a bit more educated.

Becca85 - I hope you have a great time camping. It will be good for you to get away. I know what you mean about the irregular cycles. I used to be anywhere between 35 to 48 days. Then I had a laparoscopy to get rid of my endo and also had ovarian drilling to help with PCOS and ever since my cycles have been about 31 to 33 days which is a lot better! It's just incredible what some of our bodies do or don't do properly ....

I hope everyone else is having a good day today. It always makes me feel so normal when I read you girls having rants because I relate 100%. Before joining these forums I thought I was the only one with these emotions - so thank you!

AFM - I had a breakthrough! I went to a show with a very heavily pregnant friend of mine the other day (she's 8 months). Usually I can't bring myself to be around pregnant women because it just upsets me in the worst possible way. For the first time in a long time I was actually really happy for her and was able to ask her questions without freaking out. Usually when I see a pregnant friend I cry the whole way home thinking of how unfair the world is. This time I didn't feel sad at all and was just completely normal. For the past two days I've been feeling really positive about all of this and looking forward to my first round of IVF because I can clearly see that one day it will be me that's heavily pregnant. I just have to be a bit more patient than most people. I'm probably not making any sense but I feel like something has shifted in me and I'm feeling really positive about it all. I hope it doesn't change ....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra13 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck for the scan and bt on Friday hposs!

Becca - i'm so jealous of camping, we love going away camping and it's been ages since we last did - easter weekend and i had to travel 4hrs back to Sydney on the saturday for my first ever transfer - ended in a BFN, but i was glad that the first 3 days of the TWW i was away with other people and didn't think about it too much! where are you going?

Welcome jessie87. My first cycle I never asked questions about my blood tests, just relied on them advising me if things were wrong. my second cycle i asked at each visit what it was the time before and saw how much it was increasing and how it was so very different from my first cycle (which was very low). I like to ask now, so i don't get any surprises about how good or bad my cycle is going.

jB2011 sending you lots of upping your dose has worked and today your levels are better.

Sandra13 i'm so glad you had a breakthrough! infertility issues truly are one of the hardest things we go through and nobody else really understands what we go through.

i'm cruising along, headache has moved to the back of my head and a slight dull ache now, much better! just a bit teary, which is so not like me, I wasn't like this in the past two cycles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wish I had better news but unfortunately my cycle has been cancelled due to another estrogen drop today I am so disappointed but after hearing the possibility yesterday I prepared myself for it especially after my 1st cycle. Back to see my FS on Monday and hopefully will have some answers and a new plan. More waiting......

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear that Jb. There really is nothing worse than all the waiting we have to do .... I'm sending you a big .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra13 For This Useful Post:

Jb2011  (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, hoping I can please join you! Have been lurking for a while and reading your stories... We are about to start our first cycle. We're dealing with MFI so we're doing ICSI at Monash IVF and I'm on an antagonist cycle with Gonal F and Orgalutran (I always want to say orangutan when I think about that drug!!). Expecting AF on 20 Sept so will start jabs on day 2 once she shows up. Phew never thought I'd be here but i think i am ready for the roller coaster. Have been nodding along with all your stories about hearing about others' pregnancies and people complaining about preg symptoms!! I can def relate, our mostly female office has popped out 2 babies and announced 2 other pregnancies in the last 12 months... It's like torture! Look forward to hearing how you all go xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB that sucks, so sorry. Definitely time to book that getaway for yourself, a bit of pampering and relaxation is required... Be nice to yourself. Am I able to ask how many cycles you have done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSG View Post
    JB that sucks, so sorry. Definitely time to book that getaway for yourself, a bit of pampering and relaxation is required... Be nice to yourself. Am I able to ask how many cycles you have done?
    Hi MrsSG... I am the same about orangutan that's all i think of when I hear/see it!! I really hope you IVF journey is a very short one

I have done 3 cycles : -
    #1 April '13 = Cancelled before EPU
    #2 June '13 = Chemical Pregnancy - no frosties
    #3 August '13 = Cancelled before EPU

The 2 cancelled ones are for the same reason - estrogen drop... both different meds but both antagonist cycles. The 2nd cycle was a down reg... think I will be doing that again so will be EPU around 8 wks from now... OHHH THE WAITING!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becca glad to hear AF might be on here way Sandra13 that's great u feel that way, keep it up, its good to try and stay as positive as possible. Sorry to hear Jb, I have no idea what levels should be while stimming, never asked but I will this next round. If your 8 weeks away from EPU Ill be only about 1 week before you . Im hoping AF stays on track. Welcome MrsSG, gl with your 1st cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    JB, I'm so sorry, words just can't ease the pain, but if they could I wish I knew what to say to make it better. Try and take some time out for yourself and DH.

Welcome mrssg, we're on the same drugs. I'm on 450 gonal f and orgalutran. Just did my first orgalutran injection tonight, man it stings afterwards! Eased up after 20 mins though. The things we'll do for a bub huh?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome jessie87 and mrssg.

Boo, sorry about the loss of your friend.

Becca, wow 50 days. That must be frustrating. Good to hear it's now down to 33-35 days. I have friends who had acupuncture to regulate their cycle. Never heard feedback about hypno. But hey if it works, that's fantastic. Have you got your af yet?

Sandra, that's fantastic that you're feeling positive. I think that's very important. I'm trying to stay super positive myself. When do you start the meds etc?

Jb, so sorry to hear your cycle is cancelled. Big hugs. Hopefully your FS has more info to explain why your estrogen dropped.

Mrssg, your cycle is only a few days later than mine. I'm on antagonist too so will prob jab around the same time.