I know it's a while away but will be here before you know it! Thought it would be nice to get to know each other before starting the journey for either the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or how every many times you've been on this roller coaster!
Let's hope we all get the joy of announcing to family and friends we are expecting around Christmas time - a dream come true...
Tip, Hints & Advice from Specialists, Dr. Google, Fellow Bubhubbers and old wives tales!
Tips from Dr. Lynn Burmeister (Twitter @DrlynnB)
- Women who experience an early pregnancy loss after IVF have a higher chance of getting pregnant in subsequent cycles
- Melatonin has been shown to improve egg quality
- Having your fallopian tubes flushed and your lining biopsied improves your natural pregnancy rate
- Regular exposure to your partners sperm before ovulation improve pregnancy rates - makes the uterus more receptive to the embryo
- Delaying successive IVF cycles for 2 or more menstrual cycles does not improve pregnancy rates - you can start IVF after a month break!
- Having a practice embryo transfer = no embryo in transfer catheter = prior to commencing IVF helps improve pregnancy rates
- IVF Fact: 1000IU of Vitamin E daily helps to improve endometrial lining
- Fertility Fact: Ultrasound guided embryo transfer improves pregnancy rates over doing a transfer without ultrasound.
- Fertility Fact - Accupuncture on day of embryo transfer improves your chance of achieving a pregnancy by 1.8 times
- Fertility Fact - Intercourse the night before embryo transfer improves the implantation of the embryo and your chance of pregnancy
- Fertility Fact - an endometrial biopsy in the second half of your cycle prior to IVF can improve implantation
Things to help with implantation
– Random information gathered – possibly all old wives tales but can’t hurt right?
- Eating eggs the morning of the transfer
- Eating real Turkey before transfer – maybe dinner the night before?
- Pineapple core (in moderation) – for 5 days after transfer
- Grape juice (in moderation) - One small glass of 100% grape juice for breakfast only.
- Drinking lots of milk, eating protein especially nuts and in particular brazil nuts
Things to increase blood flow
When I saw a natropath last year before going off the pill in preparation for pregnancy she said to eat “warming foods” eg: porridge, soups etc things that warm your body & soul! They help nourish and warm the uterus.
- My acupuncturist said to eat lots of green veggies so my mum made me a soup of spinach, broccoli, brussel sprouts, onion, garlic and cauliflower – it was delicious! I ate is daily.
- Baby aspirin – I don’t know much about this one…? 81mg daily which is said to also promote blood flow and inhibit coagulation of the blood
- Light exercise like walking which helps promote blood flow to the uterus
Tips from a Natropath
- Cut back on alcohol and caffeine
- No smoking (smoking during pregnancy not only affects the health of your baby, if you’re having a girl it can affect her ovarian reserve and the last thing we want is our babies suffering from infertility!
- No strenuous exercise that raises your core body temperature
- Avoid cleaning with heavy duty cleaning products
- Minimise mobile phone exposure - put on airplane mode whenever possible
- Try to relax
- Visualise a healthy body, blood flow and oxygen flowing through your body (she told me to to this after I said i feel like I am jinxing myself visualising being pregnant so she said to visulise a bhealthy body instead)
- Breathe deeply by expanding your rib cage to increase oxygen flow to all of your body.
All easier said than done!
- Epsom Salt bath (or foot bath) - I've read that bathing in Epsom salts is good for fertility too. Something about detoxing and stimulating natural DHEA hormone. Essentially the salt is a muscle relaxer and helps to detox the body, it's best to put it in a bath, but we don't have one, so footbath it is!
- The magnesium oil is just a different delivery, instead so taking a tablet, you take the magnesium in through the skin. It's supposed to be a much better way of getting it as the stomach acids dilute the tablets. It helps your body absorb other minerals that you need and apparently can help your body create its own DHEA hormone or something like that!
- I got the magnesium oil and Epsom salts from blants.com.au. They have lots of info on there about both of them
- Two girls on BH had a 3 day transfer and 4 days after the transfer they had a BT to check hormone levels in case the embryo did implant if their hormones were at the right level to sustain a pregnancy and then their support was adjusted accordingly and guess what... both of them got their BFP's on their 1st cycle! So it's worth asking for this BT after transfer.
Please let me know any hints, tips, advice that we can share and I will add it!
- MrsSG - 1st stim cycle in September- nvandmv - 1st stim cycle in September
- Rainbow Rain -1st stim cycle in September
- Sandra13 - 1st stim cycle in Oct - Injections start 22/9 - Estimated EPU 16/10
- Minib - 1st stim cycle in September
- Sparklemonkey - 1st stim cycle in Oct
- Booboo78 - 2nd stim cycle in Sep/Oct
- Spring Rain - 3rd stim cycle in Sep/Oct
- Nise35 - stim cycle in Sep/Oct
- JB2011 - 4th stim cycle in October
- MGC Bertie - 6th stim cycle in October
- Heartstringz - IVF-PGD cycle Sept/Oct - Estimated EPU Oct 11th
- Buns - FET in September
- Becca85 - FET in September
- Loolu - FET in October
- Sharlee32 - FET in October
- Megsarama26 - FET in Sep/Oct
- LoCo - FET in October
- hposs - 3rd stim cycle - Synarel started 16/8
- stc76 - 3rd stim cycle - Injections started 26/8
- Chiefsgirl - 3rd stim cycle - EPU 14/9
- Jessie87 - 3rd stim cycle
- MrsCarlton - Natural BFP in "month off" - fingers crossed for BT!!!!!!
- Francesthecat -
GabberQueenN83 - ?
Results 1 to 10 of 921
28-07-2013 22:28 #1
September/October 2013 IVF/ICSI buddies!!
Last edited by Jb2011; 09-09-2013 at 12:49.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:
MGC Bertie (02-08-2013)
29-07-2013 13:35 #2
Good idea JB!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsCarlton For This Useful Post:
29-07-2013 15:05 #3
MrsC nice to see you here (although we know we'd both like not to be!!) what is next for you? What do you have to do before your FET?
I am sitting in limbo land at the moment. I will be going in for a BT on the 23rd of August to check my hormone levels and a few other things the new FS wants and then will go from there. I have just e-mailed our new nurse a bunch of questions so hopefully will have some answers from that!
Wishing you all the luck in the world for this cycle!!
29-07-2013 17:16 #4
Last edited by GabberQueeN83; 29-07-2013 at 19:59.
29-07-2013 23:10 #5
Hi great ill join in, me and dh set to start IVF 2 Sep/Oct also, sending lots of baby dust to all
30-07-2013 07:36 #6Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
Hi girls, we'll be embarking on our 3rd round of IVF in September so would love to join in.
30-07-2013 07:58 #7
Good luck Booboo! I hope that 2nd time is the one for you.
Welcome STC... Fingers crossed 3rd time lucky for us!
What protocols are you both doing? Any changes from your first cycle?
Looking forward to sharing it all with you... Thank goodness for BH!
30-07-2013 21:45 #8
Hello ladies, I'd like to join as well please. We will start our ivf journey in September
The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:
31-07-2013 09:44 #9
Welcome MiniB - let's hope your IVF ride is a short one!! What 'journey' did you take to get here?
I thought it would be a good idea to all share out hints/tips through the process. Little things we may have done by advice of our FS or other things we read, anything that's changed between this cycle and your last?
It's so interesting hearing what other people say they have done. For example in another thread someone posted that their clinic does a BT 4/5 days after their transfer to check their hormone levels are able to sustain a pregnancy if the embryo does implant which makes so much sense as then they will adjust your meds for optimal support.
Anyone else have any advice they would like to share?
31-07-2013 19:02 #10
Thanks for starting this one JB
Hello and lots of baby dust to everyone. I'm waiting for a withdrawal bleed from our freeze all IVF cycle (first) and then the cycle after that, we can get started with the FET.
I'm not usually one to wish the time away but right now, September really can't come fast enough!
By Milly888 in forum IVFReplies: 127Last Post: 19-09-2013, 13:59
By crimson74 in forum IVFReplies: 945Last Post: 17-09-2013, 10:51
By littlesunflowers in forum IVFReplies: 921Last Post: 26-07-2013, 11:41
TribalanceTriBalance is a physio, yoga & pilates studio in Brisbane's inner north, offering specialised women's health ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Things your pets have eaten and shouldn't haveGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
what method do you use to track your financesFamily Finances
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation
CD8, Who's also at the start of their cycle and TTC?Conception & Fertility General Chat