ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Joondalup Health Campus

Hi There,

I just wanted to get any updated reviews on your experiences at Joondalup Health Campus - Maternity.
    I will be going through the public system at Joondalup but am a bit concerned of being neglected, rushed etc.. Are these just horror stories or is the Campus a lot better then it was years ago?

Thank you
    First time mummy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I gave birth at joondalup last year. I had no issues with the pre natal care (I was low risk) and had a good labour. I felt like everything was explained well to me and never felt out of control.

After the birth, however, is a different story. I was basically ignored, got no rest due to shared room etc. I was desperate to go home, and they were desperate to gy me out! I will be going private next time for this reason.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to darla87 For This Useful Post:

baby2014  (29-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave birth at JHC 10 months ago and I desperately wanted to go home straight away like pp and they definitely wanted me out of there ASAP! They said they had lots of inductions booked the next day so needed room. I think that's the same for most hospitals now. You only get to stay longer if you've had a c-sec or private.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tazzy For This Useful Post:

baby2014  (29-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave birth 11wks ago with my 1st. I had no wait times for any appts so guess I was lucky. My waters broke at midnight but with no/extra mild contractions so I was admitted to the ward and because it wasn't visiting hrs DH was sent home. I went through the labour overnight on my own except for a midwife who gave me a great back massage. I asked if DH could come back as labour had well kicked in but they said not until I went back to birth suite but I understand they have their rules for patient safety.
    I had after birth complications and the medical care was excellent and when my son needed light therapy we were moved to a private room.
    I would go back again if I have another child. I think they did an excellent job but I do feel sad I was alone for most of giving birth for the first time.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinning For This Useful Post:

baby2014  (29-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks darla87,
    I'm a bit up in the air about this.. I have heard some terrible stories about Joondalup.. But then some ppl have had good experience. I'm the same though, I don't want to feel rushed after birth! And be made to feel inadequate if I can't breast feed properly etc.. Thank you for your info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I'll be the same Tazzy.. I think I would prefer to be at home..

Shinning, thank you for your information. I don't think I like the idea of my partner not being aloud in the room when I'm giving labour. I will ask my GP about this and see what they say.

Thank you all for your info

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had two really good experiences at Joondalup, public both times. I had my son there in 2009, lovely midwives, had a nurse sit down and talk me through breastfeeding, didn't feel like I was rushed to leave at all.

In 2011 I was induced with my daughter, my husband was allowed to stay overnight and again, lovely midwives who let me labour how I wanted (wireless monitor, in the bath etc). I honestly have no complaints about Joondalup.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Two Sweetpeas For This Useful Post:

baby2014  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Two Sweetpeas for your feedback.. This puts me at ease a bit..

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 good experiences here. My last was 4 years ago and I know they were very busy. They made me stay longer than I wanted too...lol. Births were all great...last the best. Oh and public for all of mine. I think it often depends how busy they are. I know with my first we were told c sect get their own rooms ( had 3 natural). But last two times shared with women who had c sects.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was on the maternity ward at Joondalup Public Hospital last week for IVF complications. It seemed they were very quiet but getting some nurses to answer the bell was next to impossible. (I waited 40mins one time) I know I wasnt a priority being on the general side of the ward and no baby so unsure how much more attentive they would be after child birth.

The hospital itself is lovely, clean and modern. Food is good and the room were mainly doubles and quads but I did see the occassional private room. The private hospital is much nicer and the nurses are more attentive (I had one night here too) if the price diff wasnt so great Id definitely be staying there.

In saying all this Ill take Joondalup Public over our local hospital (Swannies) my last exp with them was a woman being attacked on the general ward. Packed in 4 to a room and ignored by nurses constantly.