Can someone please explain to me what sleep regression is and why it seems to be common in kids of the age.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 11 to 14 of 14
23-07-2013 17:27 #11Junior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2013
23-07-2013 21:14 #12Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
I found this on the baby sleep site and thought it may be of help as we are going through similar and I was curious as to what it meant.
A Look At the 2 Year Sleep Regression
The 18 month sleep regression is tough, but the 2 year sleep regression is no picnic, either! There are a number of factors that contribute to your 2 year old’s sleep regression:
- Awake time is getting longer (this explains why your 2 year old’s sleep schedule may suddenly start falling apart)
- Separation anxiety may resurface (separation anxiety tends to improve after 18 months, but it may suddenly re-appear when your toddler is about 2)
- Naps may suddenly stop (we usually advise parents to treat their 2 year old’s naptime resistance as a phase, and to avoid eliminating naps altogether)
- Big transitions may be happening at home (many 2 year olds are facing transitions like moving to a big kid bed, awaiting the birth of a new sibling, or potty training — and all of these transitions disrupt sleep)
- Nighttime fears appear at this age (your imaginative 2 year old may suddenly feel afraid of the dark, or of monsters in the closet, and that can affect naps and bedtime)
24-07-2013 12:07 #13
The Following User Says Thank You to mim1 For This Useful Post:
24-07-2013 12:34 #14
Ds2 27mths has the odd night that he plays up when put to bed, it's usually when ds1 is still up that he plays up. I've found that putting them to bed at the same time makes ds2 settle easier without the drama. They are in the room next to each other so they talk amongst themselves and don't take long to go to sleep. Ds1 must be a comfort to ds2. I'm actually thinking of putting them in the same room.
ProSwimProSwim Rostrevor runs learn to swim classes for children and adults. Lessons are run during the Summer months ...
LATESTToilet training: when is the best time to start?Why it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Mixed slumber partyGeneral Chat
Selling your house privately...General Chat
What are our chances??pregnancy and babies through IVF
Cashless society - all for it, or disagree?General Chat
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Growth Of Intellection. Discussion?General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat