Closed Thread
Page 42 of 91 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately my two eggs didn't fertilize. Not sure what the next steps will be whether we go again next month or have to wait a month. Plus need to check the finances now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MGC - How frustrating - I would suggest leaving a message for FS to call you then when he does, confirm the email and check he has received it, and ask when you might expect a decision. He may want to schedule an appointment to discuss it and if you're not in town they all do Skype conferences.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (30-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cuddleready... very sorry to hear that your eggs didn't fertilise. Was it your 1st IVF cycle?

Butterfly39... I'm gathering that phoning and emailing again this afternoon must have done the trick, as my FS has now replied - he says that they wouldn't normally do a "double" cycle in the way that I suggest. He says that the reason for this is that they consider it critical to keep donor cycles and "own-egg" cycles quite separate for reasons that he'll explain to me when we meet in 10 days time. My DH says it's probably some "ethical" reason (as we can't come up with a scientific or medical reason why it can't be done).

The FS also said that he may try and find another way round my dilemma. I think he's referring here to being on our third go at using donor sperm, and then having to go to the bottom of the list and wait an agonising 4 months to access more sperm. I'm wondering whether, maybe he has the "power / authority" to over-ride the silly "go to the bottom of the donor sperm list and have to wait again" rule - maybe he makes exceptions for us "over 40s", as I certainly pressed the age issue in my email to him. That would be a really good outcome, if so. He doesn't know that I've made appointments at FF (with no waiting list) and am seriously considering changing to there if this 6th cycle doesn't work, but if I could access more donor sperm without waiting, that would be a big incentive not to change clinics. But at the moment, I'm just making possible predictions, so guess really I should not stress about it and just see what he says a week Monday.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (31-08-2013),Leomum  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cuddleready I'm so sorry to hear your news. This happened to me one cycle and I know how devastating it is.
    Bertie sounds like you may get a positive outcome from this after all. At least you don't have to wait long now to see your fs.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, at least your question has provoked your FS to look at your situation closer. FX you don't have too wait.

AFM - ttc for over two years with 3 failed AIH. Changed FS recently who sent us down the IVF path. Didn't make it last cycle as not enough follies. This cycle 3 follies, 2 eggs and none fertilized. It seems we are getting over more hurdles each time but how long do you keep trying? I want to keep going but don't know if I'm being unreasonable. I wonder if everyone around me is thinking its time to give up and concentrate on the one beautiful child I already have? My hubby will support any decision I make but of course would love for us to have another child. How many times has everyone tried and what factors do you take into account each time you decide that you're not ready to give up yet.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuddleready For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mgc Bertie - I think fine tuning all the intricate details is what takes so much energy isn't it. It's so encouraging that your last cycle you made progress, and not having to wait for donor sperm does sound so much more convenient in terms of expediting things. It could well be that he will get around some barriers for you.... If its medically indicated for you not to wait then he probably can push the process. Hope there's a reprise from all the red tape in there somewhere.

afm....I am really hoping that my embryo will stay stuck. Even if it doesn't, I know I have it in me to keep going for now... One of my close friends is thinking of starting ivf also. I tried explaining it to her but she couldn't understand much. It made me reflect on how intense the learning is and how much information has to be digested to along the way. It's not necessarily the sort of things people talk about at parties ..: there isn't much general knowledge in the community and it has felt like a medical course at certain points. Making sense of the journey isn't easy, but hopefully you get more than just a crappy teeshirt at the end.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Cuddle... I was sorry to read your update, I've had some pretty crap cycles too... one with no eggs at pick up after a 9 week down reg cycle, that really took the wind out of my sails. I always find that a week or so after my BFN (or other crap outcome) I truly know what I want to do.Having said that DH and I discussed our long term plan in counselling, which gave us some clarity and made sure we were both on the same page. This was our second counselling session when we changed to Monash this year and had 4 IVF cycles under our belts - my outlook and opinions had changed a lot between our first session last year and this recent one. Perhaps it would be beneficial to have another session for you and your DP?
    I know that this upcoming cycle will be my last with my own eggs (plus one FET hopefully with my frostie) but then its donor eggs for us because by that stage I feel like I have givem my eggs a good go.
    take care lovely - and be kind to yourself and your DP over the next few days
    Em xx

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (31-08-2013),MGC Bertie  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cuddleready I just saw ur post - my plan is to give up when I don't have it in me anymore, and only if DE had been tried. If it was taking a major toll on my life or relationship those would also be factors. Hope u find the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cuddle - firstly iam so sorry for your result. You must be devastated to say the least. Pls take some consolation in the fact that there are some ladies here who have been through this and some became pregnant. If you n DH have the 'go' in you then don't give up. I have read somewhere that its best to do 3 IVFs in a row rather than sporadically, I know easier said then done as we have to consider finances n state of mind. We have so many hurdles in this journey n if we have the strength n $$ we keep trudging along focusing on the end prize. Somebody said to me once ' chin down bum up n one foot in front of the other ' when I was feeling down, mind you this lady finally got her bubs I think around 10 cycles n perhaps a few fets! Give yourself some break n perhaps getting counselling would help but in the end it's what your heart and inner voice says. And of course you have every right to give your child a sibling.

Tiny - hope you had some good news today re fertilisation.

butterfly - thanks for posting your story believe me we do need inspiration here! Grow beanie grow .......

bertie- way to go! I like all your predications makes me smile, gosh we think of every possible angles don't we! Hopefully fs comes through with a great plan!

Em - I like the way you are focused have your plans made n it sounds like a very reasonable n good plan! Now for that af to arrive n get things into motion!

afm - pupo now! With 2 on board however, it hadn't quite gotten to a blast, which I was so hoping but still do have a good looking cavitating morula n a morula, will find out how the others fair tom, hopefully we have some to freeze. Dh has ordered me to put my feet up! N just went and bought me a nice flour less chocolate cake topped with wispy toffee that looks like a reindeer
    shape from Jocelyns Provisions- brissie ladies shd know! And not forgetting the cream, yumo!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ann17 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (31-08-2013),MGC Bertie  (31-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ann17 congrats on being PUPO My 2 that went in were 'only just' blasts .... Then the morulas only just reached blast on d 6 and got frozen. Anyway it seems early blasts and morulas work fine also you just can't grade them like the mature blasts? My mother made me go straight home and lie flat on my back for 3 days.

as for cake - bring it on....

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

ann17  (31-08-2013)