+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant with number 2, freaking out!

Bit of a vent coming up...

I've just found out I'm pregnant with our 2nd baby. I have a 14mth old dd. It shouldn't be a huge surprise, we weren't too serious with contraception. We had planned to ttc in January.

I know I should be happy about this but I feel so unhappy. We have a big party coming up next weekend and we have a baby sitter booked, we also have a Bali holiday booked next month and I was so looking forward to drinking cocktails on the beach. Now I'll probably be hugging a toilet!

I realise these are 1st world problems but can someone please help me feel better about this? Also worried about having 2 babies close together. Dd is still not sleeping through regularly.

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    You can still enjoy yourself at the party & in bail...just have mocktails instead. Lots of people go away while pregnant - maybe treat it as a babymoon or a chance to enjoy your family as it currently is before it gets bigger. Hopefully you're not too sick while you're away!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply. Mock tails it is then! At least I can still have lots of cheap massages. I only stopped breast feeding a month ago so was looking forward to a few cocktails. Oh well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yep I second mocktails..but make sure if you have morning sickness get some medication from the dr which will definitely help.. as for the gap - I had the same gap, bub #2 was born and by then #1 was 21 months old. it wasn't as bad as I thought to be honest and now they are great friends.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If it makes you feel better we found out I was pregnant when ds was 14wks old. I freaked out too but figure it will work out in the end. Hopefully!

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    And I figure that at least we will get things out the way at the same time iykwim. Both learning to tt similar time, kindy/school transition that sort of thing. And they will play with each other so I can watch Ellen. Hehe