+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't forget to include stuff like Tupperware, lawn mowers, tools etc. If I added up the retail cost of what I wore today: Jumper $40, Jeans $50, undies $7, Bra $70, shoes $20, $187 not including jewelry. It's important to also remember "new for old" cost, your 3 piece lounge suit might be on it's last legs and you'd be lucky to get $50 for it at a garage sale, but how much would it cost to replace it tomorrow with something brand new similar style/quality when it was new?

I worked in insurance for a long time, if disaster strikes, it will happen when you've no spare $$ & even if you are adequately insured there are always costs that aren't covered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    No expensive taste here lol. We searched for king single sheets the other day and $50 was the cheapest. That's $100 for two seta aw have bunks. So $200 with spares. Last time I looked at target the sheets were $79 for a double set, double that for spares, that's $360.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub
    Ouch! That's why I don't shop at Target.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I paid $40 for a sheet set from target and lasted me years and years

I paid $17 for a fitted sheet the other day, the flat sheets were $10 each, quality is fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Smyles View Post
    Don't forget to include stuff like Tupperware, lawn mowers, tools etc. If I added up the retail cost of what I wore today: Jumper $40, Jeans $50, undies $7, Bra $70, shoes $20, $187 not including jewelry. It's important to also remember "new for old" cost, your 3 piece lounge suit might be on it's last legs and you'd be lucky to get $50 for it at a garage sale, but how much would it cost to replace it tomorrow with something brand new similar style/quality when it was new?

I worked in insurance for a long time, if disaster strikes, it will happen when you've no spare $$ & even if you are adequately insured there are always costs that aren't covered.
    Thats what i did

I dont have tupperware or any tools, my clothes that im wearing now to replace would be $30, including my ugg boots :P

I get alot of brand name clothing from op shops, most are new. Otherwise i buy Target or Big w.

So $2,000 to replace all my clothing is heaps!! My most expensive brand new clothing item is prob my $150 Nikes DD and DH are the same im a savvy op shopper. DDs wardrobe has alot of brand name stuff, all from op shops!

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I rent and have insurance with NRMA. $23 a month for $30k cover. I know I can replace everything for that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always tell my clients to establish how much they would need in order to replace everything they had (new for old and not necessarily having a chance to shop around) and if premium price is an issue to then establish the lowest amount they would feel comfortable receiving in the event of a total loss. No one ever complains about the premium when they have a claim but they do complain about sums insured if they aren't high enough.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to carleena For This Useful Post:

Smyles  (19-07-2013)