Closed Thread
Page 94 of 95 FirstFirst ... 448492939495 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BB4me - have been thinking of you Hun. Have everything crossed for you. Can't wait for a positive.

Pixel. - how lovely for you. The scans are amazing.

Spotsmum. - thank you so much for posting. You are truly a fabulous woman for giving people the opportunity to experience parenthood.

My DH and I were not opposed to a local donor in fact I was on a local donor list for 3.5 years with no success so then opted for SA. I am actually a bit sad that my dear little boy may not have the opportunity to one day meet the amazing woman who let him be a part of our life.

Words can can never express the gratitude I feel for egg donors.

helenmac is offline After 3 yrs of tcc I've got a BFP!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Jodi - I'm so very sorry to hear your news. It seems sometimes secondary pregnancy is difficult to achieve, I for one know this. I wish you well with whatever path you choose next. Thinking of you and thank god for your beautiful little man xx

BB4ME - Looking forward to hearing your positive news on Monday! I can feel a BFP coming on! Best of luck.

Sooty - Hope you are going well. When is your BT? Sending loads of good luck vibes and it just has to be your turn!

Hi to all the other lovely ladies

AFM : I have some good news with my overseas reproductive immunology blood test results which is quite surprising due to my horrible virus for 3 days prior to my blood draw. I expected to see an over active immune system! After trialing 10 days on neupogen it has reduced my NK killing power to almost normal (.04 over) CD19CD5 normal, IVFgammaIL10 normal but my TNF alpha is slightly elevated at 33 and should be under 30. We don't know if this is a result of the nasty virus I had so I'll be having IVIg and 5mg prednisolone to bring this level down.

The previous 2 blood draws in July and Sept showed elevated levels so I'm extremely happy to say the NEUPOGEN is working for me!!

I've commenced my donor cycle and due to leave for South Africa in 2 weeks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hello again ladies,

Helenmac that's great news that you have found a treatment that works for you! Congratulations - it must be such a relief.

I just wanted to put on this thread (as I've not seen anyone mention it in the past) that I have Factor V Lieden which means I'm more prone to blood clotting so cannot take the BCP - I was pretty concerned that this would effect being able to do a donor cycle as how would they sync my cycle with the donors? Anyway I ended up emailing Dr Le Roux yesterday and he responded yesterday (still get blown away that the actual FS answers you!) with the following info

It is still fine for you to proceed with egg donation treatment if you have Factor V Leiden. We would not use the contraceptive pill in your case. We will use the lucrin to switch off your cycle. When we use the Estrogen pills we add a Clexane (blood thining) injection daily to prevent any clotting risks for you...

This is such a load off for me, I was thinking I might have to do a 'freeze all cycle with the donor or something, but that is not the case.

I have another scan tomorrow so hopefully some closure on my current pregnancy and can move on.

Sooty how are you feeling? I have everything crossed for you.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
    Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone - we arrived back last night, 6.15pm touchdown, back home in our front door by 7.15pm - the airport was quiet and flew through customs with declared items

BT is meant to be Monday. I'm not back to work until Tuesday, so may leave it till then, I have to arrange through my GP I guess... I think it would take too long through my FS.

EM - I'm feeling ok, crampy... trying not to read anything into it - very hard not to when you feel things going on "down there"! But I've never felt that before... having said that I haven't been on Gestone Injections before or the estrogen so don't know if these can do it to you. TRYING not to read into it... of course very hard not to.. and wish I didn't feel anything, then I wouldn't think about it so often. To be honest, I'm absolutely terrified of finding out the result.. I almost don't want to go and get it done.. but of course I have to! I've been telling myself to toughen up... everyone else has had to go through it and wait with baited breath.

Helenmac - that's fantastic news re. your immune results, are you on the pred. just for now, or all the way through? I can't believe you leave in 2 weeks ! Are you going on your own this time or with DH?

Abundance - how are you. You will be leaving soon too

Hi to everyone else - exciting times coming up - you'll just love South Africa... it was the best holiday we've ever had. The weather was fabulous (even though the locals thought it wasn't great), loads of cool things to buy (and I'm not a big shopper!) - I had a ball.. we had to buy another bag to get meds and treasures back in!! (but then we only checked in 1 bag on the way over). The people are so friendly and it is very cheap to live over there against the Australian dollar.

Makey / Pixel - still thinking of you... I'm so devastated for you. Lots of love and thoughts are with you both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty - good luck for tomorrow. I know exactly how you feel about not wanting to get the blood test done. I felt exactly the same way.

im praying that it's positive news for you. We are all behind you. Xxx

Glad that you had an awesome time in Cape Town. It's just a sensational holiday destination isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    mayaus (Cape Town - ET ?)
    francesthecat (Cape Town - ET ?)
    Crystal4431 (Zlin - ET 28 Jan)
    January (Cape Town - ET ? Mar)
    Sahndi (Cape Town - ET ?)
    Emski72 (Cape Town - ET ?)

Blinky76 (Cape Town - ET ?)

DONOR SELECTED

Angelmama74 (Cape Town - ET ? April)

Lily72 (Cape Town - ET ? May)
    DJShears (Cape Town - ET ?)

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    thembs (Cape Town - ET ? Jan)
    PeaSoup (Cape Town - ET ? Dec)

Abundance1 (Cape Town - FET ?)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS
    Net3811 (Barbados - ET 12 Dec)
    Helenmac (Cape Town - ET ? Dec)

IN CAPE TOWN FOR PROCEDURES

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP
    BB4Me (Cape Town - FET 2x5D)
    Sootymay (Cape Town - ET 2x5D)

BFP
    Helonweels (2x5D - singleton)
    Pixel (2x4D - singleton)
    Rainbowchaser (2x3D frozen- singleton) EDD 19/5/14
    Wishmeluck (1x5D)
    Sunny15 (2x5D - singleton) - EDD 16/4/14
    Anait (2x5D - singleton)
    Jennilee67 (2x5D - singleton)
    BJ04 (1x5D - singleton) - EDD 26/3/14
    AllieOop (2x5D - singleton)
    Araline (2x5D)
    TwoWhites (2x5D - singleton)

GRADUATES

Sardy (girl)
    Nicole72 (twin girls)

Missleo (boy & girl - 28/9/13)
    SVD (twin boys - 6/9/13)

Laned (boy - 24/4/13)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Sahndi (boy)
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)
    SummerShine (boy)
    Sally08 (twins)

2013 STATS

BFP = 18 (16 fresh & 2 frozen/4 sets of twins)
    BFN = 12 (9 fresh & 3 frozen)

Pregnancy Loss = 1
    Bio-chemical = 2
    Unkown Results = 7
    Last edited by January; 24-11-2013 at 13:17.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    January, you're a star!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

January  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rainbow

SA is the best, just loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowchaser View Post
    Sooty - good luck for tomorrow. I know exactly how you feel about not wanting to get the blood test done. I felt exactly the same way.

im praying that it's positive news for you. We are all behind you. Xxx

Glad that you had an awesome time in Cape Town. It's just a sensational holiday destination isn't it?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Rainbowchaser  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty and BB4me - thinking of you both today and hoping your dreams are realised. Xxx

Helen - absolutely wonderful news on the immunology front. So wonderful that you can go I to this next cycle with confidence. Not long now. Xx

Emski. - Factor V issues whilst very scary for you, from my understanding are quite common. So pleased you are in good hands.

January - thank you so much for doing the status updates. Such an important part of this thread. Xx

Jodie - thinking of you Hun xxx
    Last edited by laned; 25-11-2013 at 08:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Good luck to Sooty and BB today!