Thanks Lovedup She was in a brace as she had hip dysplasia from being breech for so long, stubborn little girl wouldn't turn the right way. Thankfully the brace fixed her little hips, so fingers crossed all should be ok.
Pretty amazing week for you guys, but also so full of emotion, so no wonder you're feeling a bit out of sorts, and that progynova, it's just evil!!
Kate have you thought how you will announce it, I've seen some clever ones on Facebook. Like you I'm not a huge poster, but was excited for that post!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 91 to 100 of 654
10-07-2013 15:37 #91
10-07-2013 15:37 #92
The dr at the ultrasound place told us that as your age goes up, the algorithm they use to calculate your risk decreases the "one in xxx" stat accordingly -- I'm not explaining it well but he told us that we had a 'personal best' because our risk couldn't have been any lower because of my age (and I can't recall if it was before or after I turned 34!). They told us they'd only do further testing if it was less than one in 300 too.
It feels crazy to be in the third trimester! I am currently hoping to work for 8 weeks of this term, which would take me to 37 weeks. Most people seem to think that's a bit ambitious but I guess we will see.
Isabelle is adorable, and so is Sophia! What cute babies you girls have had! Lol, my last ultrasound with Dr Singh had a side profile shot and made it look like my little boy has a ginormous nose -- shallow and vapid me had a "what if I don't have a cute baby!?! Not just a mother thinks he's cute, but objectively cute!" freakout, haha. (Not really but I did make a couple of jokes about nose jobs to DH which didn't impress him much -- sometimes he doesn't appreciate my sense of humour!)
Waiting for news from TK! Eeeeee!!
10-07-2013 15:49 #93
Kate, we've decided not to do any of the testing at all. We wouldn't go ahead with the further needling test with the risks anyway if risk came back high. Our ob said if that was the case then maybe to consider not bothering. Then we discussed well if it came back high we would be left to worry for rest of pregnancy, at first I thought well at least you can prepare yourself - but my hubby said how do you really prepare yourself for something like that until the reality happens anyway?! Even if it was like 90% chance you could still be in the fortunate 10%, so why spend rest of preg worrying rather than enjoying it? Also I realised if I got some other figure like 1 in 300 or 1 in 3000, would it really put me at ease anyway? As someone will still be that 1 person and will that worry me? We are all different and it's a very personal decision. This is our 11th cycle, 4+ years trying, 1st ever preg, my eggs are those of a woman in her 40's and now with 1 ovary who knows if i will even fall preg again (fingers crossed!). So there is no way in hell we would abort anyway so what's the point. What will be will be and I think for us personally after our recent challenges we have decided to let go of any further stress or worry (eventhough I realise for some people having a low % risk assessment helps them worry less)...we've been through a sh*t load lately, had enough of worrying and we will love our child no matter what so we're tossing it out the window. Plus none of our parents ever did this testing, along with all the IVF etc I think it's all a bit too much info really, but you know each to their own👍
10-07-2013 15:55 #94
Ps - at our scan last week the ob got a really good pic of bub's nose bone which looked really strong and straight! and happened to mention that's a good sign for low risk, so although it would not have changed our decision it was nice to hear😊
10-07-2013 16:00 #95
Ps - sorry i do have an update from last appt, all good will post later, and sorry not addressing anyone else...trying to have a snooze and keep picking up my bloody phone!
Thinking of you all TK!! ✨✨
11-07-2013 00:34 #96
Dakota Harlow Wood arrived at 1.57pm on Tuesday. A tiny little bundle 6 pound 6 ounces, 46cm long. The inducement worked a treat and with an epidural on board Kate pushed her out within 20 minutes. We were actually getting ready to have a sleep when she arrived as we were expecting things to take another 4 hours but the midwife did a check and bubs head was entering the birth canal. We had a birth photographer who was going to be captured it all - who we quickly rang to get there in time for bubs arrival. She must have done 150k on the freeway. She lives at Salt and got to the hospital so fast.
Post birth things got a bit scary with Kate going in for a post birth operation and baby Dakota was admitted to special care to stabilize her blood sugar levels. Both are now doing very well.
With such a small baby and such an easy swift delivery we have Flynny baffled as to why Kate had a grade 4 internal rupture (the worst kind). Can only put it down to Kate's anatomy given she had no external tears at all. It caused Kate to lose a lot of blood and almost passed out while breast feeing Dakota post birth. Scariest hours for me. Made Flynny and 3 nurses come running.
It was hard having bub in the nursery and Kate so sick post 2 hrs in theatre, hence the delay in posting. Felt like I needed to be in two places at once. My heart broke for Kate being taken away from her baby so soon after birth and then being so unwell - she only saw her for 15 minutes in the 15 hours after her operation. But Dakota came out of special care tonight so all 3 of us girls are in our room together. Kate has bounced back to life this afternoon and has made up for lost time with lots if cuddles and feeds. The two of them seem to have quickly got the knack of it with the help of the lovely nurses here.
She is just absolutely perfect girls!!! I am smitten beyond belief. Would bawl my eyes out every time I walked into special care to see her.
Happiest most amazing day of my life, scary moments aside.
Best of all I helped Flynny deliver her !!!! 😃 ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1373467653.661009.jpg
11-07-2013 00:47 #97
Congratulations girls and happy birthday to little Dakota, welcome to the world! Such a pretty little thing
After such a frightening roller coaster for all three of you, I'm so happy that you are now out the other side and can both enjoy your precious daughter.
Hopefully Dakotas sugars have been good after a few feeds.
Well done mummies!
11-07-2013 01:51 #98
Aw such a beautiful little button! Congratulations to you both
That must have been such a scary time for you both, I'm glad it's behind you and you are all together now, hope Kate isn't in too much pain.
Make the most of the midwives I couldn't praise them higher, so helpful!! Eeeee so happy for you X x
11-07-2013 05:45 #99
Oh Tk- your beautiful baby and story made me all teary. It must have been so scary having wifey rushed off for an op like that but I'm so glad you are all doing well now. - Breathe in that beautiful baby of yours and give wifey lots of cuddles. Congratulations!!! x
Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
11-07-2013 05:56 #100
Ummmmmm so I just found my first pee stick that I did on 5dp5dt. I just pulled it out of the bin and had another look for laughs and it actually quite faintly had turned positive after I'd thrown it away...
My positives are super positive................. Twins?? Or just a very keen little bean?
Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app
By leannemc in forum IVFReplies: 22Last Post: 20-05-2013, 12:47
By beck08jebs in forum IVFReplies: 768Last Post: 13-02-2013, 14:01
By teags84 in forum IVFReplies: 1147Last Post: 09-09-2012, 18:54
Impressionable KidsImpressionable Kids are Australia's leader in framed children's memorabilia and specialise in framed baby hand and feet ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
The Not So Serious Vent Thread #7General Chat
Married At First Sight 2017Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
TTC #1 - Conception & Due Date TimingConception & Fertility General Chat
Albert?Choosing Baby Names
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Any thoughts on my mysterious toddler? :-)General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IUI - first time fertility treatmentNon-IVF fertility assistance