Closed Thread
Page 58 of 97 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope you get help soon Steph, being a mum is certainly the hardest job there is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The lady that came today was great. New routine to try. Took about 20 mins to get him down but he's been asleep in his cot for coming up 2 hours (he normally co sleeps with me if I want him to have a nap that long). Referral to Tresillian done though she thinks I may not need it in the end. Also wants me to go to gp (a different one I've seen before) for referral to psychologist. She thinks I have a reactive post natal depression ie as a result of the birth and other circumstances. Feeling better already :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news Steph, well done on the 2hour nap :-) remember to always give yourself the credit you deserve, being a parent is a hard job & the majority of people have a tough time a some point, hopefully this is yours & it'll be a breeze from now on XX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey steph, I don't know what to say, everything is just crap at the moment for you. Its so hard with the amount of strain a little human puts on your relationship. Is there anyway you can ex send your hubby to bed with earplugs so he can get a good night sleep, then maybe on the weekend he take over for a few hours so you can do the same? Not for any solution but then at least you maybe able to talk it thru?
    Did the nurse to do you a referral for you? If you can't get to residential then go for day stay and see of they can put you in earlier

I've been writing this since 2. So hope you've got an action plan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news steph, try to get here, I thought we where just a mild case and it really helps having all the support this place offers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Steph so glad to hear things went well today. Like the other girls said its a dam hard job and it's put strain on my relationship with DH too cause you just don't hAve the time and patience you used to have.

Also if you have to go to sleep school don't feel bad about it..:it will only help u.

I agree with KM once they self settle and get you time it's sooo much easier!

Nala - hope it's going well at sleep school

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear your getting some help Steph. Would love to be able to help you cause I know what it's like to be all alone. Well your not alone we are here even if its just to remind you what an amazing job your doing.

All these teeth, wow ( especially Miles) Still no sign for us and he will be 7 months in a few days.

We have thought he has been saying it since about 3 months but I finally got a clear mum mum on video. Yay so excited since ds1 only said dad dad dad for what seemed like forever.

Hope your stay went well Nala. And that your scan goes ok SL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stephiew View Post
    Well ladies. Wish I could say things have improved but tbh we've gone from **** to worse. Wishing I'd resigned myself to cuddling AJ to sleep and co-sleeping forever. I think I am now borderline pnd but am definitely tired and stressed. Dh who has suffered from depression and anxiety in the past is under lots of work stress atm had reached his tolerance of dealing with me and has suggested we take a break. So here I am in a country away from all family and friends with no support other than dh and he's talking about taking that away too. I'm devastated.

We are working on a new nap routine, so far without any success. We get half an hour of protesting and crying and then we stop and either play for a bit and try again or just do whatever works. I'm still struggling with the crying and usually end up a complete bawling mess myself. I tried to see the Dr yesterday for a referral to Tresillian but their Internet was down and still is though he's not working today anyway. He also did no screening for pnd or anything. So another day to wait. I have booked a private day stay where the mchn comes to your home. She's coming this afternoon so hopefully will be able to help.

Hmm time to get the house sprayed for spiders. One just walked across the nursing pillow :-(.

Our routine is loosely based around
    Up around 6.30-7
    Milk 7
    Solids 8
    Nap 8.30/9. Was getting 45 (90 if I co slept) now 30
    Milk 11
    Solids 12
    Nap 1 was getting 45 now 30-45
    Milk 3
    Nap 4 was getting 2.5 hrs Co sleeping now 1-1.5
    Solids 5.30 then bath etc
    Milk 6.30 then bed.
    Taking us 2 hrs to get him to bed.
    Now wakes 1-2 x overnight when has slept through since almost forever.
    It is also now impossible to transfer him without waking.

Yes SL AJ has a dilated kidney. Just had the 6 month ultrasound. Still there but much improved. Follow up u/s in another 6 months. Hooray some good news! :-)

Phew. Sorry for the novel. I'm off to Co sleep AJ to sleep so I can rest before the mchn comes.

Good luck at Tresillian Nala. Hope it goes well xx
    Jeez steph sounds like you're going through a hard time - I hope you get through this phase quickly and get some help soon.

Orlando just went for his 6mo u/s today for his kidney and she reckons its slightly worse so will wait and see doc next week for results

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stephiew View Post
    The lady that came today was great. New routine to try. Took about 20 mins to get him down but he's been asleep in his cot for coming up 2 hours (he normally co sleeps with me if I want him to have a nap that long). Referral to Tresillian done though she thinks I may not need it in the end. Also wants me to go to gp (a different one I've seen before) for referral to psychologist. She thinks I have a reactive post natal depression ie as a result of the birth and other circumstances. Feeling better already :-)
    Great to hear xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ivy seems to have her first cold....any tips? Her sleep is disturbed ;( poor bub