+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,238
    Thanks
    3,841
    Thanked
    2,234
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fingers crossed its temporary!

    She always switches things up, I have never quite been able to get her into a routine for very long, she is my forth baby and the hardest by far

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,666
    Thanks
    1,426
    Thanked
    1,432
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi lovey

    DS1 did this around 16mths, but it only lasted maybe 2wks? Now at 22mths he sleeps solidly for 1.5-2hrs most days.

    I found that sometimes putting him to bed earlier (11-11.30) actually helped took don't ask me why though?!

    Otherwise for now, when your DD doesn't drift off until late, maybe wake her after an hour? Don't know about her, but with DS if he sleeps past 3pm then night bedtimes are a shocker!!

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

    Mokeybear  (06-07-2013)

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,491
    Thanks
    3,580
    Thanked
    838
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 17 month old only has a day sleep once or twice a week. He started going without at 12 months.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,238
    Thanks
    3,841
    Thanked
    2,234
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    Hi lovey

    DS1 did this around 16mths, but it only lasted maybe 2wks? Now at 22mths he sleeps solidly for 1.5-2hrs most days.

    I found that sometimes putting him to bed earlier (11-11.30) actually helped took don't ask me why though?!

    Otherwise for now, when your DD doesn't drift off until late, maybe wake her after an hour? Don't know about her, but with DS if he sleeps past 3pm then night bedtimes are a shocker!!
    * waves at Pescsa*

    I am hopeful that it is a stage, we have just gone a whole week off no afternoon sleep and I feel like I'm seeing stars

    Great idea with waking her after an hour though, I might try to put her down just before 2 and wake her at 3 ( if she goes to sleep)

    Between 3 and 6 has been daily torture arghh!

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,238
    Thanks
    3,841
    Thanked
    2,234
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    My 17 month old only has a day sleep once or twice a week. He started going without at 12 months.


    Noooo

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,278
    Thanks
    2,127
    Thanked
    1,747
    Reviews
    12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Mokeybear how did this turn out? Did your lo drop their sleep permanently? My 18 mo has just started refusing to go down for her nap until 2ish as well. I'm really hoping this isn't her trying to give up her sleep!

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,305
    Thanks
    2,656
    Thanked
    1,289
    Reviews
    10
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    @Mokeybear how did this turn out? Did your lo drop their sleep permanently? My 18 mo has just started refusing to go down for her nap until 2ish as well. I'm really hoping this isn't her trying to give up her sleep!
    My LO turned 2 in September and she doesn't go down for her nap until 2. She sleeps for around 2 hours at that point.

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,278
    Thanks
    2,127
    Thanked
    1,747
    Reviews
    12
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    My LO turned 2 in September and she doesn't go down for her nap until 2. She sleeps for around 2 hours at that point.
    That sounds exactly like what dd is doing. What time does your daughter go to bed? I don't mind the 2pm nap but she's then up until 9:30.

  10. #19
    AdornedWithCats's Avatar
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,123
    Thanks
    7,260
    Thanked
    3,653
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    That sounds exactly like what dd is doing. What time does your daughter go to bed? I don't mind the 2pm nap but she's then up until 9:30.
    My ds was doing this. We have had some luck with an earlier wake up = earlier nap = earlier bedtime. And also a shorter nap (eg. 1 hour rather than 2).

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,238
    Thanks
    3,841
    Thanked
    2,234
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    @Mokeybear how did this turn out? Did your lo drop their sleep permanently? My 18 mo has just started refusing to go down for her nap until 2ish as well. I'm really hoping this isn't her trying to give up her sleep!
    Luckily for me it was a stage at the time and she went back to having a day sleep, she is nearly four now and occasionally still has an arvo sleep on the week end, I dread it though because she doesn't go to bed till a ridiculous time at night

    Hopefully it's just a stage for your little one, they were long long long days when she didn't sleep but was crabby!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Is she dropping a sleep?
    By MrsSS in forum Toddlers (1 year olds)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 25-04-2013, 19:49
  2. Toddler Dropping Day Sleep
    By Manny in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26-03-2013, 14:55
  3. Dropping 3rd late avo nap/sleep
    By 2BlueBirds in forum Babies (3 - 6 months)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 20:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Pea Pods Reusable NappiesPea Pods are the smart choice when it comes to choosing what's best for you, your baby and the environment. Affordable ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
IVF babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Bbt chart thread #8Conception & Fertility General Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Positive or evap line??Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
Positive or evap line??Pregnancy Tests & Help / Support with Results
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›