+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sluggish BF baby bowel movements

I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same experience as me. My 7 week old has always had slow bowel movements, he would usually only poo on average every 3 days and can be up to 6 days before he has a bowel movement. I know that's 'normal' for bf babies not to poo often but my son seems to be totally in pain from around the second day after the bowel moment, this is usually signified by screaming, crying, red in the face, clenched body and clenched legs. I have used I infant suppositories a couple of times and there has been around 2 nappies worth of poo and a very happy baby. I'm currently taking him to the chiro, I massage him, I bath him, do the leg things, hold him with his knees up and nothing seems to work (apart from suppositirues). Anyone else experienced or experiencing this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    With us it's a lifelong hereditrary condition, and because of the treatments needed to minimise aurtointoxication-related illness, it's been a source of a lot of heartache and physical distress for Mel and myself.
    Just try every food, every supplement. Because medicine dependency is "not ideal" !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD would get badly constipated and be in pain after I are bananas...took a while for me to figure it out. I'd drink prune juice which would empty us both out. Good luck it's awful seeing them so distressed