+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was an inpatient for 3 weeks with the twins. It was awful, but mostly because they put me in a room with 3 other beds that we're always full and my babies were in NICU.
    With DD6mo I was only in 2 days and only had another person across the room for 1 night.
    I made some good friends when I was in with the twins (spent 8 weeks hospitalised whilst pregnant), 1 even a fellow multi mum from BH

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had my 3 at public hospitals - it wasn't so bad

yes some people had a billion visitors, my last room didn't have an ensuite (just the shared bathrooms down the hall with the other rooms), but otherwise it was ok.

I was in the hospital 5 nights with my last bub and my first room had 3 other women. then I was moved and had 1 other woman and one night was by myself. I had no issues with sharing with other newborns either - babies cry, new mums can be overwhelmed.

what mattered was the staff & the level of care and they were awesome too x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I went public with both my kids and ended up with a private room both times, yay!!
    How'd you score that??!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went public with my DD and next time I think I will go private.

Four of us in the room and I'm the only one who had their baby in with them.

One ladies was a premmie, one ladies just was in the nursery (don't remember why, but they kept talking to her about social workers etc) one DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS PREGNANT and first timer me!

I lost a substantial amount if blood and they wanted to keep me in, but after one night I was home, stupid on my account, but I couldn't stay there any longer. My baby was crying constantly and the girl next to me had phone calls and texts all night asking where she was as it was a Friday night!!!

It made for an interesting stay, but next time, I want to be alone I think!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    How'd you score that??!!
    Luck.
    First time there was only 1 room that was a single room and all the rest had 4 beds and one massive room with 6 beds. Was nothing but pure luck.

Second time there was either 8 or 10 (cant remember) single rooms and the same amount of double rooms and when I got there (9am) the midwife said the ward was pretty empty...I got a single room in the morning and by night time the ward was full apparently. Winning!

Both times I stayed just over 24hrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    How'd you score that??!!
    I'm pretty sure London went same hospy as me. I got my own private room too because the hospital have 6 or so single rooms and several double rooms and is not (usually) super busy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by zooey View Post
    my last room didn't have an ensuite (just the shared bathrooms down the hall with the other rooms)
    x
    Faaarrrrrr out. I don't know if I could handle this. How do you take a leak down the hallway when your baby is the crib? I like to take my time...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was there for a few nights and on the first night there was a lady who was having her last night in hospital so I did get to have a chat with someone, then had the room to myself until someone else came in as I was leaving. No horror stories, but no friendships made either.

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeddie View Post
    I'm pretty sure London went same hospy as me. I got my own private room too because the hospital have 6 or so single rooms and several double rooms and is not (usually) super busy.
    That awkward moment when I realise I have given away too much info about myself over the years.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (29-06-2013),Mod-biscotti  (28-06-2013),VicPark  (28-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm about to go public any day with my bub due in July.

Unfortunately I'll be in a shared room, no other choice. However, a private room would be nice, but for $4-5 grand.. I'll suck it up. A private room to me is certainly not worth the cost of private

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app