+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With my first pregnancy I shared a room and it was terrible! She kept farting and it stank, then she would just let her baby cry and never fed it, spoke a different language (no dramas) but when her visitors came there were heaps, all the time and I went home as soon as I could.

2nd time I shared, she was in the room at 3am and had a c-section so couldn't do much for the baby. The first 2 days the curtain stayed shut, but then the nurse was a b!tch to me so once that nurse left she asked if I was ok. We got on really well for the next 2 days before I left. 3 years later and she still post on my wall to say happy birthday to my son, but since I moved back to Sydney we don't really talk much.

You just roll with it though, you aren't there long.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ~BEXTER~ For This Useful Post:

Julesbwn  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have shared a room after having both my boys. Both times I had a c section. It didn't really bother me. If it wasn't my baby making a noise it was another mothers. Didn't bother me sharing a toilet with 3 other women or shower. I never sleep properly when I'm not in my own bed. I wouldn't hesitate to go public and share a room again.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    With my first pregnancy I shared a room and it was terrible! She kept farting and it stank, then she would just let her baby cry and never fed it, spoke a different language (no dramas) but when her visitors came there were heaps, all the time and I went home as soon as I could.
    I'm surprised she managed to get heaps of visitors, tooting away like that!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (22-07-2013),Purple Lily  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    Public both times, first time I had a private room and stayed 4 nights, I hated it! I felt like I was the only person in the world at night and I was lonely, I wanted to hear other women around me
    I don't have that problem, don't mind being alone at all. Infact I pity the poor woman that has to share a room with me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    VicPark, I have been thinking about the same thing *if* we end up having another child.

I had a unique experience when I had DS. I had complications arise at 28 weeks, resulting in me being hospitalised on bed rest until DS was delivered at 31 weeks. I was a private patient with an Ob, but had to stay in the public hospital to be close to the NICU.

I spent my first night in a birthing suite before being transferred to the antenatal ward - I had to stay in a shared room for 2 nights and it was BALLS! All three of the other women were heavy smokers (there were numerous phone calls made to their partners to bring more durries in) which I found really depressing, considering they were all heavily pregnant with full term babies, and here I was facing all kinds of uncertainty with my pregnancy when I felt I had done everything right.

Being a private patient with obstetrics cover though, I was transferred to a private room for the duration of my stay. It was so much better

Because I had such fantastic care at the public hospital, I'm considering saving some money and going public next time. It'll be a c-section again next time (I can never attempt a VB due to the way I was cut), so I won't be able to just go home quickly afterwards.

The shared room factor is the main thing that really puts me off though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I gotta lol @ this thread. Have read all posts and vp ignores each post that asks if she is pregnant lol

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (01-07-2013),ICanDream  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I shared the first night with someone that snored, farted, left her tv on full noise all day and night, didn't wake to her baby screaming ( I had to buzz the midwives during the night and after they couldn't wake her, helped the baby breastfeed and put her back to sleep all while the mum was snoring ) and was really noisy while eating.

Once she went home, I was l Iucky to have the room to myself for the next 2 nights.

We shared a bathroom with a room of 4 beside us. It was never dirty and I only remember having to wait once to use it.

Even if I had phi, I wouldn't pay the extra money to have my own room.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've gone public twice and had a private room both times - huge room, huge bathroom. Brilliant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my! Some real horror stories that have me scared! We are going public again & if the inmates are anything like the women I see in the outpatients waiting room, then it will potentially be a very difficult time!

I got a private room first time around because I was contagious (flu) I guess can ask for a private room, but doubt I'll get it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I shared with my 1st two. The first girl I shared with was induced and waiting for labour, I don't remember much more (this was 14 yrs ago). The lady beside me with my 2nd was an immigrant who didn't speak English well but she helped me when I started to panic as my baby wouldn't stop crying in the middle of the night and I just didn't know what to do. I felt sorry for though as she was telling the physiologist she's not allowed to rest after her C-section and had to get back to taking care of her husband and 6 other children I was lucky with my 3rd and got a private room as public was full, yay! The other two were born at the Redlands hospital and they are all single rooms.