+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,854
    Thanks
    755
    Thanked
    724
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies!! I'm trying my hardest not to feel guilty, but I can't stop thinking that it I had done more research I would've noticed and had it fixed early on... Was only just getting over my mummy guilt thinking it was my boobs not doing their job!

    I'm not a confrontational person at all so still deciding whether or not to contact the LC. Come to think of it, my MCHN never mentioned it either.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,820
    Thanks
    7,291
    Thanked
    9,740
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    Thanks ladies!! I'm trying my hardest not to feel guilty, but I can't stop thinking that it I had done more research I would've noticed and had it fixed early on... Was only just getting over my mummy guilt thinking it was my boobs not doing their job!

    I'm not a confrontational person at all so still deciding whether or not to contact the LC. Come to think of it, my MCHN never mentioned it either.
    As AM said, it's not too late if you want to try again. If not, you have nothing to feel guilty about- you were let down by the professional who should have supported, assisted and educated you. You've done a great job xxx

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

    MilkingMaid  (02-07-2013)

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,854
    Thanks
    755
    Thanked
    724
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    As AM said, it's not too late if you want to try again. If not, you have nothing to feel guilty about- you were let down by the professional who should have supported, assisted and educated you. You've done a great job xxx
    Thanks atropos I would give anything to be able to try again, but whenever DS is in cradle position he screams and doesn't stop wriggling. Towards the end of weaning I kept persevering when he just didn't want it, and I definitely think it effected him. I still have milk there, and have even held him right near my nipples in the shower and he doesn't even notice they're there.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,820
    Thanks
    7,291
    Thanked
    9,740
    Reviews
    5
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    Thanks atropos I would give anything to be able to try again, but whenever DS is in cradle position he screams and doesn't stop wriggling. Towards the end of weaning I kept persevering when he just didn't want it, and I definitely think it effected him. I still have milk there, and have even held him right near my nipples in the shower and he doesn't even notice they're there.
    Well if nothing else, you are better armed if you have another bub, and you did your best for this one- he is fed and happy and that is the main thing.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,854
    Thanks
    755
    Thanked
    724
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Well if nothing else, you are better armed if you have another bub, and you did your best for this one- he is fed and happy and that is the main thing.
    Oh absolutely!!! I am so armed and dangerous with information, every midwife/LC/MCHN within a 50km radius should be scared when I go into labour! I am so determined

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

    Atropos  (01-07-2013)

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,018
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked
    301
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry this has happened to you.

    I had the same problems with my DS. I saw a LC and still encountered problems he was fully ff by 6 weeks. It was an undiagnosed posterior tongue tie.

    When my daughter was born the same thing started happening and I was lucky to get a fantastic LC who diagnosed her with a posterior tongue tie. It was clipped at 2 weeks old but regrew. I had her tongue and upper lip lasered when she was 4 months old. Lip is fine now, but tongue regrew again.

    We are still bf'ing at 10 months old but she has 2 formula bottles a day as she's never been able to get enough milk from me. It still hurts to bf sometimes as well.

    Don't beat yourself up. There's no way you could have known and even if the issue was addressed you could still be encountering problems.

    You did fantastic to get to 5 months with untreated ties!

    I am going to look into getting my ds's tie done and my dd's redone when they are both a bit older. They can cause all sorts of speech and dental issues.

    Have you looked in your own mouth? Tongue ties are usually hereditary. Both my hubby and I have them, so our kids had no chance! We had both had/have major dental issues.
    Last edited by felicia81; 02-07-2013 at 10:48.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Day 9 - Weigh In....gutted
    By SpecialPatrolGroup in forum SpecialPatrolGroup
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-11-2012, 01:05
  2. Read his phone - now gutted.
    By Mokeybear in forum Issues with Family Members
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 18-10-2012, 18:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Melbourne Natural Medicine ClinicLeading natural health practitioners in fertility, preconception, pregnancy, and children's health. We take an ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
Work from homeWorking From Home
Letrozole and iui/timed intercourseNon-IVF fertility assistance
IVF/FET April & May chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Any recommendations for convertible stroller?Product Recommendations & Questions
WorriedFirst Trimester Chat
April/May TTC group chatConception & Fertility General Chat
Early risers .... 7 and 5 yearsGeneral Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
Increased bleeding 2 weeks post-partumPregnancy & Birth General Chat
IVF Babies due Sep/Oct/Nov 2017 #2pregnancy and babies through IVF
REVIEWS
"Pigeon teats rule!"
by Alex
Pigeon PP Wide Neck reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›