+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Never! I did my groceries today and have no idea what the people in front of my spent. I'm far to busy putting things on the belt, in my OCD order!

I did feel sorry for her, I do grocery shopping in 2 year olds daycare today, she had both her little ones. My worst nightmare!

No one has commented on mine either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It was rude, but people seem to think they can comment on what ever they like these days

A few weeks ago the lady behind me asked (with a sniff) if I was going to buy any fruit n vegetables for my kids as she could obviously see there was none in my trolley or on the conveyor belt. I laughed and said "Hell no, I don't know how to fry vegetables..."

What that foolish judgmental idiot didn't know what that I go to the VicMarket every Friday to get my F&V and I was not going to justify my shopping for her edification.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

gizmoduckus  (21-06-2013)

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by singa06 View Post
    In just curious, did you fit it all into one trolley?
    I had the luxury of having my teenager with me today, so I got her to push a second trolley so we didn't have to cram everything into one.

Quote Originally Posted by IvyRain View Post
    I'd never comment or give a toss tbh. I do bulk cooking/freezing so I only have to cook a handful of times per month. I go for a big shop up before a big cook up for obvious reasons Anyway, I was wheeling my trolley around the aisles one day when an old man sneered at me and said "I'm glad I don't have to pay for that!". I wish I could say I had a brilliantly witty comeback but I was rendered speechless with shock.
    Oh yes ... have had that too. I'm never quick enough to have a good comeback either

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    A few weeks ago the lady behind me asked (with a sniff) if I was going to buy any fruit n vegetables for my kids as she could obviously see there was none in my trolley or on the conveyor belt. I laughed and said "Hell no, I don't know how to fry vegetables..."

What that foolish judgmental idiot didn't know what that I go to the VicMarket every Friday to get my F&V and I was not going to justify my shopping for her edification.
    I'd be blown away by that one! How rude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post

Oh yes ... have had that too. I'm never quick enough to have a good comeback either
    Practice a few witty rejoiners!

Pay for it? Do I have to pay for it? and here I was thinking it was all free!

Yeah well, it sure beats dumpster diving...

That's okay the gubberment just gives me all this money for nuthink

Pssst - you distract them while I run!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

ClearCrystal  (20-06-2013),cluckcluck  (20-06-2013),Mod-RaryGirl  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've gotten the fruit veg comment before ugh. I've just told her bugger off and mind her own literally like that she was shocked I sad the the check out girl had Abit of a snort and tried to hide and her smile and i carried on, nosey over opinionated old bat she was.

**Sent from my iPhone**

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (20-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I sometimes notice other people's bills and think yikes that's a lot but I neer comment because you never know how many people, how often they shop etc. my judgment of it being a lot is based on the cost of my groceries which isn't much for dh, myself and our 2 cats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingClassMum View Post
    It was rude, but people seem to think they can comment on what ever they like these days

I love it!!! We buy from markets too!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RaryGirl View Post
    She sure was. I had to ask her to step back so I could use the EFT machine ... lol.
    Ohhh that world almost annoy me more than the comment, I had a guy do that to me and it was horrible. I've never noticed how much people spend, I'm too busy realising what I've forgotten and whether or not I can duck back while they are scanning to get it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never commented on another persons shopping bill ,but I am usually too busy with the kids or off in a daydream. I buy UHT milk in bulk like 10 boxes at a time and other stuff an no one says anything but most ppl fill their trolley to the brim where I shop anyway. I must admit I was curious when I saw a lady filling several trolleys and lining them up at the checkout but it turned it she was shopping for a station and only did it once a month lol couldn't even imagine how big her bill was!