+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Newly pregnant - what would you do?

I just found out yesterday I'm pregnant, we were ttc but last time took forever and required fs so bit of a surprise. I haven't worked in almost 18 months, since before I had my dd.

A month ago I listed availability for shifts in July keying on the computer between midnight - 7am three mornings a week (4 weeks only). So it falls between 5.5 weeks - 9.5 weeks pregnant which from memory is when fatigue hits the worst.

My dh works some mornings from 8.30 or 10/11 and finishes either 5 or 8pm. His shifts aren't flexible. I would be looking after my little miss all day on my own.

We are tight but managing financially and the whole month would only mean maybe $2000 (I can't remember pay rate).

Would you do it or just tell them circumstances have changed and no longer available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd probably leave my shifts at that time and make the most of sleeping during the day/afternoon. You may find that it is a bit tricky if you are tired, but if it is only 3 mornings a week, you should manage ok. Could you put your daughter in care, or book a babysitter for a few hours, leave her with a friend etc, so you can go to bed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've said Mon/Wed/Fri to give myself time to recover in between. My sister doesn't work Fri so she might be able to take her for a bit if I need. My dd does have an arvo nap of at least 2 hours usually. It's the pregnancy fatigue compounding it but I think it's possibly doable - I guess I can just talk to them if its too much.