+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im just tired reading how early people wake and how much stuff people accomplish in the mornings!

Here we are slow to rise people.
    DH gets up at 7:15 and leaves for work by 7:40.
    DD wakes between 8 and 9am so I wake with her We then have some cuddles on the couch and maybe a book before I get her breakfast and put on some washing/unload dishwasher while she is eating and watching ABC for kids or a youtube video.
    We then turn tv off and dress, brush hair, teeth etc. and 'start' our day. If its an at home day we will go outside at 10 and stay outside til lunch at 12:30pm/1pm or else we go to kindergym or for a playdate - no earlier than 10:30 though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like your routine, Isabellabean. I'm slow to start as well.

The newborn, toddler and I all co sleep, and DH has his own empty wonderful huge relaxing bed (the bugger). In exchange for such a regenerating night's sleep (in comparison to mine, I was up from 11pm-2am last night) he handles mornings. Comes in when the babies wake between 6-7am, takes them out to kitchen for "cino" (warm milk & honey) and some kind of breakfast while I hide away in bed as long as possible, usually doing online grocery shopping, banking, uni work, or bubhubbing etc.

The newborn comes back for a feed and sleep around 7.30, I get coffee + breakfast in bed (best part of the day!) and DH dresses DD in a thousand layers of clothing to go out and milk the cows with him. We can see snow from the kitchen today, but she'll still go out and help - loves it.

I get up when newbie wakes again around 9-9.30 and clean the kitchen, hang out washing/nappies from last night, load dishwasher, think about the next meal to cook, feed the chooks and dork about in the garden a bit with both kids. We go out twice a week to early morning playgroups and I totally struggle with being dressed, fed, and out the door by 9.15 those days...

Usually by midday I'm buggered and ready for another nap which I try to talk DD into.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Isabellabean  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I set my alarm for 6:30, 7:00, 7:15, and 7:30.. usually it takes til the 7:30 one before I muster the energy to get up. Then I proceed to drag myself to the shower. Hopefully by then I'm feeling a bit more awake. I get dressed, make school lunches if I didn't the night before, wake the kids which is a massive effort. I usually just dress DS2 while he is still asleep.
    Make kids breakfast. They eat while I go dry and straighten me hair. Then it's shoes and we go which involves lots of whinging.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH leaves about 6:30.

Normally wake up at 7am when DS wakes. He has been sick so the last few weeks have been all over the shop.

Get DS and myself dressed.

Have breakfast.

Do the dishes while DS is watching TV or trying to climb all over me.

If it is a work day, bags are already packed and lunches made the night before so just get it together. Brush teeth and then go to drop DS off. I then come back home before work and hang clothes and do a house chore.

If a home day, normally hang clothes out then relax and then normally go out at 9am if have plans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    I like your routine, Isabellabean. I'm slow to start as well.

The newborn, toddler and I all co sleep, and DH has his own empty wonderful huge relaxing bed (the bugger). In exchange for such a regenerating night's sleep (in comparison to mine, I was up from 11pm-2am last night) he handles mornings. Comes in when the babies wake between 6-7am, takes them out to kitchen for "cino" (warm milk & honey) and some kind of breakfast while I hide away in bed as long as possible, usually doing online grocery shopping, banking, uni work, or bubhubbing etc.

The newborn comes back for a feed and sleep around 7.30, I get coffee + breakfast in bed (best part of the day!) and DH dresses DD in a thousand layers of clothing to go out and milk the cows with him. We can see snow from the kitchen today, but she'll still go out and help - loves it.

I get up when newbie wakes again around 9-9.30 and clean the kitchen, hang out washing/nappies from last night, load dishwasher, think about the next meal to cook, feed the chooks and dork about in the garden a bit with both kids. We go out twice a week to early morning playgroups and I totally struggle with being dressed, fed, and out the door by 9.15 those days...

Usually by midday I'm buggered and ready for another nap which I try to talk DD into.
    Snow?? Where do you live? We've been having awful 30 degree days of late. It's horrible! I want to move to the snow!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Anewme - that's not lazy! That's super woman style!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I get up, wake DD up
    She starts to get dressed (i set them out the day before)
    I get her breakfast ready
    Make the beds
    Set out night clothes and next day clothes
    Set the table for that night
    Get her bath all ready for after child care - i just have to fill it with water
    Get all the animals food ready for that afternoon
    Set up my treadmill and make sure i have something in the tv to watch that afternoon
    Quick clean up
    Shower, get ready for work
    Teeth, Face and hair for DD
    wash breakfast dishes
    Got to childcare & Work

Might sound a bit silly but i am really trying to make time to go on the treadmill for an hour in the afternoons and still have time to make dinner and spend time with DD after dinner. This frees me up a little so i can get the workout done as soon as i get home and we can still have dinner at a reasonable hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm not a mum but full time nanny for 2 little girls and the whole morning routine is me as the parents leave for work before kids are up

so 730-8 girls wake up
    straight downstairs
    8ish I make them breakfast while also making miss 5's school lunch
    Try to eat myself
    815 get both dressed and hair done (I lay out outfits nght enforce otherwise too much rush)
    825 toilet run/ shoes on and go downstairs to road to wait for miss 5's school bus that comes 840
    then take miss 3 back upstairs. clean kitchen/ throw in laundry and 850/855 drive miss 3 to preschool that starts 9( just around corners)
    Yes Mornings are a rush now hahaha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Alarm goes off, and I press snooze. Then the alarm goes off and I press snooze. Then the alarm goes off and I mean to get up but I fall back asleep. Then I wake up and get a shock at what time it is.
    Then I run around for an hour like a crazy person wishing I had more time.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sockstealingpoltergeist For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (12-09-2013),bpac  (11-09-2013),HarvestMoon  (11-09-2013),Mahjong  (11-09-2013),mrsCpeanut  (11-09-2013),oozzle  (11-09-2013),River Song  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    During days that i go to Uni, DP works up and showers then gives DD a bath and dresses her, i get up and pack their lunch around 7am, then give DD breakfast while i shower and DP leaves then we are out of the house by 8:30 or so.

When im not at Uni when DP wakes up at 6:30, i stay in bed, might make her lunch and DD joins me in bed and i sleep while she plays with the Ipad. Same with weekends, though on the day my sister is sleeping over the girls just wake up and do their thing in the living room till DP gets up and gives them cereal and i get to sleep in till 8.