+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What do you do in the mornings?

Just curious what do you do in the mornings after you and the kids wakes up? Like if its 6am in the morning. Do you let them watch tv until you are fully awake or you play games with them or activities?
    My kids 2 years and 8 months wakes at 6am. DH let them watch tv till I get up at 7am. I do all the overnight feeding resettling etc.
    then I do the breakfast and work and then park and etc.
    What's your morning schedule like?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I put Dora on, tell them I'll get brekky in a minute and go back to sleep on the lounge...

Lol. I get up, put their cartoons on, dress 6mo and organise her brekky, get the twins brekky then make a coffee for myself, do my hair and put my face on and chuck on a load of washing.
    I despise early mornings and feel like the kids are purposely punishing me some days...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsOhara For This Useful Post:

tubster  (17-06-2013)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    .Mine is different cause i have school age.

We get up at 7, i make breaky, get school lunches ready, get them dressed, feed bubba and get her dressed. Then all in the car for school drop off/ or preschool drop off, social groups *insert million appointments here*

If we didnt have to go anywhere id make them all lay in bed with me while i 'rest my eyes' a bit longer lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

tubster  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love our morning schedule - most mornings DS gets up about 8 ish and DH gets his brekky and they play for a bit and let me sleep until DH leaves for work just before 9! I then get up and let him watch tv for about 30 mins while I have a shower and get ready before we go out for the day , ill have another year or so before pre school and early rising so I'm making the most of it while I can!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

tubster  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I love our morning schedule - most mornings DS gets up about 8 ish and DH gets his brekky and they play for a bit and let me sleep until DH leaves for work just before 9! I then get up and let him watch tv for about 30 mins while I have a shower and get ready before we go out for the day , ill have another year or so before pre school and early rising so I'm making the most of it while I can!
    Omg I love your morning schedule too lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS (7mths) usually wakes around 5.30 so DH or I get up with him and try to keep him quiet and amused while keeping warm in our freezing house. If I am up with him I go back to bed at 6ish when DD (3yrs) gets up and DH gets them ready for the day. TV is on for a while so DH can get ready for work, and I get woken at 7.30ish when DH leaves for work. I feed DS and put him down for a nap while DD watches TV. TV is usually off from then but occasionally is left on so I can shower and get ready.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

tubster  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Work mornings we are all up and dressed by 6am.

Home mornings everyone usually wakes between 5.30-6am. We have brekky, I do laundry, cook dinner and then turn the tv on around 7.30am so I can shower and dress. Then hang out clothes and tidy up till we head out around 9am for whatever activity is on for that day.

Sent from my HTC One SV using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

tubster  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the moment it's not like normal, so I'll say what has been my normal prior to this stage of life.

Up at 6am when the alarm goes off, have a shower and make a coffee then check facebook and browse the news pages and check email. At 6.30 I wake my daughter up to have a shower. Get her uniform out and put it on her bed for her. She gets dressed while I get us some breakfast and make another coffee. We have breakfast at the table, then she brushes her teeth, hair is brushed straight from the shower because it's difficult and must be brushed immediately after washing it poor kid, she gets her shoes on and goes down to the yard for a while. I check email again, usually have some by now to respond to for work, make a third coffee, call her up to pack her school bag, brush my own teeth and we leave home at 8am, drop her at school then head to work.

Weekends we normally do a little housework on a Saturday morning, ironing and folding and things while my 10 year old watches Saturday Disney or puts on a DVD or something, and we normally head off to do things. We live in the rainforest and like to go for walks around the place and take photos or go for drives to nearby areas or visit friends.

Different now, I feel gross most of the time, don't work so have no need to check emails although still do out of habit each day. The child's routine is still the same.

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    DF is up at 5:15 to shower and have his breakfast. He wakes me at 5:45 and often one or both of the kids are up at this point. I have a shower and DF makes me breakfast (coffee and cereal). If there is time (unusual) then DF will make the kids breakfasts but I usually make their breakfasts. We have a no television in the morning rule. DS can do reading eggs when he's done with breakfast and dressed for school.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

tubster  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DF is up about 630am to shower, and DS usually wakes up when DF is out and dressed about 7am. They have breakfast together, DF sends DS in to wake me at 740am and DF leaves for work at 750am. I love my little morning sleep ins at the moment!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

tubster  (18-06-2013)