+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    Oh thank god someone said it!! This is me ...

On the subject if keeping hospital bracelets, umbilical cord etc, I thought everyone did that! Why is that weird?? Ill keep my DD first everything!
    Nope, I never kept any of that kind of stuff. I treasure loads of photos of every stage though, but mementos just don't do it for me. I do keep things my kids give me, and make for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I judge parents who would rather spend their dole money on alcohol, smokes and tattoos then food and clothing for their children!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Abubby For This Useful Post:

Smyles  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieh View Post
    As a 21 year old, I consider myself a 'young mum' ... And I often wonder whether older people judge me when they see me out with my pram.

So, I'm sure we can all be a little judgmental at times, (even the people who don't admit it).... Do you judge other parents?? If you do... What do you judge?

I'm curious to know
    Nope, I can honestly say that the 'age' of a parent doesn't make me judgemental towards them. My parents were married and had us at 19 and 21 years old respectively, which for the 70's was kind of the norm. They were amazing young parents who grew up with us and I take my hat off to them, as I was 30 before I started my family and couldn't imagine starting a family at 19 like my Mum who had finished having her family (4 kids) by the age of 27 years!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep I judge. On loads of things if I'm honest. Both positive and negative.

The difference is I know it's wrong and my way isn't the right way for everyone, and I don't have all the info, etc, etc. So I keep them to myself and, many times, consciously change my thinking so I don't judge any more. But it's instinct to judge.

Everyone on here judges. The "funny" thing is that everything is judged. So really, shouldn't nothing be judged?!

I have also been the brunt of judging and just try to ignore it as I adore my son, think I'm a good mum and do the best I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I will say though, I used to judge parents a heck of a lot more when I didn't have kids myself. And then when I used to have one as well. I judge way less now. I remember distinctly saying things to myself like "I would never (insert whatever it is here"). Haha, how naive I was.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

babyla  (18-06-2013),MilkingMaid  (18-06-2013),Tazzy  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I will say though, I used to judge parents a heck of a lot more when I didn't have kids myself. And then when I used to have one as well. I judge way less now. I remember distinctly saying things to myself like "I would never (insert whatever it is here"). Haha, how naive I was.
    Yes yes yes! I was only think about this the other day! How things change

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

beebs  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I totally judge.... mainly in me head, but I judge everything not just Parents etc

I dont judge "young mums" if your doing a good job who cares. I do judge Parent's that are not looking after there kids, like it being cold and they are rugged up but the kids do not have socks on (I hate that!!!) sitting outside a shopping centre with countless kids and smoking away, or letting there children swear.... I really could go on but

People proabably judge me.... meehhh

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMoosMum View Post
    The only time I can recall judging someone was when we were living in maryborough last year in winter it was freezing butt cold and I mean jumper pants layers of socks fecking cold and we were walking to the local shoo and walked past a lady with 3 kids 2 walking age around 3 and maybe 5 aswell as a bub no more then a year old in a pram all kids only had singlets and nappies on and the older ones has no shoes, the youngest ones legs were purple!!! mind you the mum was rugged up in a nice jacket jean boots scarf ..... yeah I judged and i said somthng, how could I not.

On a side note my ds asked the little boy around his age if he was cold and wanted to borrow his jumper (h e had 2 on) I thought it was so kind of him :-)
    ** Sent from my PP4MT-7 **
    That's really nice of your little boy.

I actually judge on this as well. I HATE seeing a bub not rugged up whilst the parent has a parka scarf and gloves... Saw it last week at a set of traffic lights, the poor bub had a tshirt and no socks whilst mum looked nice and warm. I try to give the benefit of the doubt, maybe bub pulled it's socks off etc but I still hate it.

And the only other thing I judge is someone who we're family friends with, she is a childcare worker yet I see no effort to engage with her own kid when out and about.
    We were at a kids bday party and her 2yo spilt his drink all over his clothes, startedcrying, but she didn't even bother to come see what was wrong, she let an elderly lady wipe up his clothes. And that's just 1 example. I judge her coz I wonder how she can be a child care manager yet she leaves her kid alone whenever we are out and about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh goodness, I totally judge other parents (and people in general)! I do it all the time, I just keep my judgements to myself (mostly)

*I can haz typos*

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (19-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    hahaha oh this was me big time before I had DD. I used to have so many things "I'd never do when I became a parent" which have all gone out the window. It's pretty much whatever works to keep us all happy is what we'll do.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (18-06-2013)