+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I judge people who think they can predict the future

Honestly OP, I judge parents who are clearly under the influence of substances, who are belting (not just smacking- I don't particularly like smacking but I don't necessarily judge it) or screaming abuse at their kids.
    Or if they are pushing a Strider (Joke! Joke!)
    I don't really notice young parents tbh. I'm terrible at guessing people's ages.
    Don't go judging Mystic Meg! She can't help it - she has a gift.

Seriously OP, I have three under eight and if I'm shopping I wouldn't register if there was a 12 year old pushing a pram - I'm too freakin' busy with my own business.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I really do my best to not judge others because usually im the one being judged.

But i have been a young parent and no i dont judge other young parents. Once i did... A young mum was dragging her screaming toddler by the arm socket pushing a pram that had a slab of woodstock in it... I thought that was super classy.

But generally i dont even nottice other people when im out, because im too busy dealing with my own nightmare situation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only judge when the safety and/or wellbeing of the child comes into play.

As far as age, parenting styles, what you feed your kid, if you own a bogan pram etc... Could not give two hoots.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

beebs  (17-06-2013),Mod-Degrassi  (18-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd be lying if I said no.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    If I'm honest, I do ....hmmm, trying to find the right words.....umm, 'look down my nose' at completely feral parents who are being verbally and physically abusive to their kids in public (I'd hate to see what goes on behind closed doors?!?) or who are verbally abusing each other in front of the kids.

Like one day I caught the bus because my car was having work done on it and this feral couple got on with a toddler. The man was calling the woman awful names and berating her in front of everyone. I felt sorry for her, it must have been so humiliating. But then I kind of judged her because she was obviously putting up with that by staying with such a horrible 'man'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I only judge on the really important things like if they make their own kids birthday cakes

I've never judged on age - never really even thought about it to be honest - like pp,s I mainly judge on treatment of kids, smacking etc

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (18-06-2013),Guest654  (23-06-2013),MilkingMaid  (17-06-2013),Smyles  (17-06-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    I judge young parents that think that other parents judge them for judging that they think they are judging when really no one is judging but making judging assumptions based on relative judging experience which is contrived as judging which then lends itself to judging the judger.
    Judge?
    Lol to be clear I don't assume people judge me for being a young parent.. I just wonder whether its something that crosses their mind... Probably from my own insecurities as I never wanted to be a young mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjalee View Post
    I only judge when the safety and/or wellbeing of the child comes into play.

As far as age, parenting styles, what you feed your kid, if you own a bogan pram etc... Could not give two hoots.
    This

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is a bogan pram? lol

αληθη is offline BH name read as Aleethee
    Winner 2012 - One most likely to be hacked by Nomsie
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I judge. I'm definitely a young mum (bub is due in a few weeks and I turn 20 next week) and I judge other young mums but not always negatively! I suppose I observe rather than judge. I think I'm most critical of older parents (30s) though because I've seen so many of them make questionable parenting choices. (I'm from a small town so everyone knows everyone).