Ergh that is unbelievable. The practice itself is abhorrent but what kind of parent KNOWINGLY allows a man to suck on their son's circumcised penis?!? Religious custom or not it's just so wrong on so many levels.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 21 to 30 of 30
17-06-2013 13:06 #21
17-06-2013 13:11 #22
Sick just absolutely disgusting! Poor babies
17-06-2013 13:40 #23
That kind of 'cleansing' logic might have made sense back in the middle ages when they knew nothing about cleanliness and disease. Back then they knew enough that for a wound to heal you had to remove the infection/poison.
They had absolutely no clue on how to do that safely so the reaction was "Well, just suck it out!".
Yeah sure. It didn't work then and it doesn't work now. The disgusting and gutwrenching fact is that now THEY KNOW BETTER and they still effing do it!
So very wrong on so many levels
17-06-2013 14:24 #24
I feel ill after reading that. Wrong on any level. That they are getting away with sexual assault on babies is beyond me, put the words "religious practice" in and that is supposed to make it ok?!
Those poor babies, and as long as the parents protect the rabbi, more babies will suffer. I hope they wake up & realise it.
17-06-2013 14:36 #25Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
This is the most disturbing thing I have ever read.... I had no idea things like that went on. Wow.... I'm actually speechless
17-06-2013 14:51 #26
Oh dear lord! I shouldn't have opened that, that's horrible, how can anyone think it's normal? How can it be justified?
17-06-2013 14:59 #27
I have read about this before and it makes my stomach churn
17-06-2013 17:47 #28
18-06-2013 22:35 #29
A few points that may be of interest:
- While the Haredi community in Australia is small, it certainly exists, so we can be certain that this disgusting practice is also taking place here.
- In fact, in Australia (unlike New Zealand) it is perfectly legal for anyone -- butcher, baker or candlestick maker -- to circumcise any boy using any method they wish.
- The claim that this practice is 5000 years old is typical religious fantasy. While metzitzah is mentioned in the Mishna (Shabbat 19:2, about 200AD), metzitzah b'peh (ie suction by mouth) is a kabbalistic (therefore medieval) practice originating in Central Europe. It was largely abandoned in the 19th century when a large number of Jewish baby boys were dying as a result of the oral-penile transmission of tuberculosis, in particular.
- At least a third of neonatal herpes has been attributed to metzitzah b'peh in Israel, which like New York has a large and growing Haredi community.
- As with circumcision itself, don't expect to see the practice banned anytime soon. There is no political will in the developed world to protect the genitalia and health of infant boys if it risks offending anyone's "religious sensibilities", in stark contrast to the situation with girls.
Last edited by JohnC; 18-06-2013 at 22:53. Reason: clarify last point
19-06-2013 07:03 #30Senior Member
- Join Date
- May 2006
Wendys Music SchoolWendy’s Music School. Experience, Quality and great service! For qualifying students we will get you playing or ...
LATESTWhy it is OK for your child to be differentWhat is a blessing way? How is it different to a baby shower?7 ways to break the ‘mumnotony’ at home
POPULARWhen can I start giving chores to my children?New baby nursery checklist – a guide to newborn essentialsWhat to pack for labour and hospital – a checklist
FORUMS - chatting now ...
ongoing chat threadGeneral Chat
Miracle March TTC and Testing ChatConception & Fertility General Chat
Do u take it personally? Kids friends..General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
IVF babies due June/July/August 2017pregnancy and babies through IVF
Using home equityFamily Finances
Egg Donation in Greece #5Egg Donation
The Word Association Game #24Games & fun stuff
A - Z of baby girl namesGames & fun stuff
IVF in PerthPerth