+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Terrified of my dating scan tomorrow....

Hi all ::

I'm approx 7w1d and have my dating scan tomorrow at 2.30. This is my 7th pregnancy, but I only have one daughter at home with me. 5 out of 6 dating scans have been horrible- all with bad news or even worse the 'wait and see' uncertainty.

The only time I brought a baby home was when the dating scan showed a heartbeat so I know if tomorrow is 'uncertain' it will end like the others. I'm just so sick with worry about it that I almost don't want to go to the scan. I'll also have my daughter with me and I'm freaked out that it will be bad news and she'll get upset when I do

I'm extra freaked because the first bt discovered I am hypothyroid so i've felt more doomed than usual when pregnant!

I don't think I really have a question, just needed to write my feelings down. I feel like I'm struggling to cope with this pregnancy more than my daughters. I have zero positivity and it is driving me mad, let alone my poor hubby.

Thanks for letting me vent. If anyone can distract me- feel free!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Best of luck for your scan tomorrow. Is there anyone that could look after your daughter for you? Hubby? Parents? Occasional daycare? Have you received a medical explanation for your previous losses? Are you experiencing any symptoms?

Good luck xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand completely how you are feeling! I have just gotten a bfp today and this will be my 6th pregnancy, with only 1 dd at home to show for it. It's such a difficult time and the uncertainty is the worst part. All the best for your scan and feel free to vent or pm me if you want to chat xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats timetoshare!!! When are you due? How old is your dd?

It is so freaky, sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself! I don't want my dd to be an only child though so I guess that's why. I just hate pregnancy now. It feels like a long waiting game for something to go wrong. I sooo want to be easy going and positive like I usually am but the further along I get the more bogged down in fear and negativity I get

Vic Park- hubby is coming with me to the scan. Maybe if it all goes pear shaped he can leave the room with dd? I don't have anywhere else to take her without people being suspicious and I am adament that noone finds out I'm pregnant till I am at least 13 weeks....

The fact that this time tomorrow I will be at the scan is really doing my head in!!! Freaking out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and VicPark- yes and no for the reasons for the losses. I have regular 28/29 day cycles but ovulate really late. On clomid it only brings it forward to day 18/19.... So luetal phase defect **they think**. I find it difficult for anyone to give me a straight answer. When they told me I was hypothyroid they said it can cause mc. I asked if that explained any of my 5 losses... Answer= I don't know. Seriously frustrating.

2 were ectopic so those were never going anywhere....

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would be terrified as well. Wishing you all the best at your scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    I would be terrified as well. Wishing you all the best at your scan.
    Thanks AM x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Totally understandable why you are a little freaked out. Sending you lots of sticky dust

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Goodluck <3

Braiiiiins
    *60kilos lost*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow. I have had one miscarriage and was shaking so badly at the dating scan for my next pregnancy that they had to get a nurse to calm me down before they could do it! I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you. Fingers crossed for a good strong heartbeat.